MCUExpresso Config Tools - support for MK10DX128VFM5?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUExpresso Config Tools - support for MK10DX128VFM5?

calebrust
Contributor III

I can't find support in MCUExpresso Config Tools for the MK10DX128VFM5 processor.MCUExpresso Config for MK10DX128VFM5.png

It seems that the QFN 32 package is not available under the "MK10DX128xxx10" configuration (see attached image).  Maybe the problem is that the MK10DX128xxx5 is a 50MHz core, and the xxx10 is for 100Mhz cores?

I read somewhere that the 50Mhz K10 processor is actually the same core as the 50Mhz K20, and K12 processors, but the MK20DX128xxx5 isn't shown as an option.  As a result, the closest match I can find is the MK12DX128xxx5, LQFP48 package.

Anyone know where to start with the MK10DX128VFM5 processor?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, MCUXpresso and its config tool don't support MK10DX128VFM5. So far there is no plan for it.  I would suggest you refer this document:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333073 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

calebrust
Contributor III

Document shows no plan for MCUExpresso, and there is no recommended SDK. 

I have Kinetis Design Studio, which is the recommended IDE, but it shows no legacy software (KSDKv1.3 or KSDKv2). 

So...was sample code never created?  What code would be a good starting point?  Can I modify a K20 project?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MK10DX128VFM5 belongs the same family with K20_50MHz, which NXP provides TWR-K20D50M board as evaluation board.

There is Kinetis 50MHz bare metal sample code which is available for all kinetis 50M family, User can also download it here:

TWR-K20D50M|Tower System Board|Kinetis MCUs|NXP 

You can also refer SDK 1.3. download here: twrk21d50m for KDS demo codes are also included.

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos