cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU 11.1.1 / MCT 7.0.0 - Pins GUI gets confused when sorting

Jump to solution
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

Ran into a weird bug here... it appears that the Pins display can get seriously confused when sorting using the Label column, such that the Pin and Pin Name columns no longer match up with the rest of the columns.  Screenshots below...

I've got an RT1062 project that I'm developing.  I opened MCUX, then clicked the Pins icon (green square chip) to open the Pins view.  This is what I see:

MCT 1 just opened.png

Pretty normal, pins are sorted alphanumerically by designator (A1, B1, etc).  Then I click on the Pin Name column, which sorts them by pin name (ascending).  And I get this view:

MCT 2 sort by pin name ascending.png

Again, pretty normal, what I expect to see.  Then for giggles, I click on the Label column.  (For some reason, it defaults to descending sort, not ascending).  And I get this:

MCT 3 sort by label descending - now broken.png

This is where things go wrong.  Look at the Pin and Pin Name columns... they're back to being sorted by Pin (ascending).  But the Label column is now sorted in descending order, and all of the function columns to the right are following the label column.  Look at that block of VDD pins in gray... those definitely don't belong in pins A/B/C/D1, etc.  Then for giggles, I click the Label column again, to sort ascending.  This is now what I see:

MCT 4 sort by label ascending - still broken.png

So the labels have flipped order, as have all the function columns, but the Pin and Pin Name columns are still locked in ascending order.

What's going wrong?

David R.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

I confirm I am able to reproduce the sorting issue in MCUXpresso IDE 11.1  (Config Tools v7). It is not reproducible any more in the upcoming MCUXpresso IDE 11.2  (Config Tools v8) which should be released this summer.

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

2 Replies
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

I confirm I am able to reproduce the sorting issue in MCUXpresso IDE 11.1  (Config Tools v7). It is not reproducible any more in the upcoming MCUXpresso IDE 11.2  (Config Tools v8) which should be released this summer.

Regards,

Libor

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

Hi Libor,

Glad it's already fixed.  Looking forward to the new release.  I'm glad that v11.1.1 has been relatively stable compared to prior releases, hopefully MCUX 11.2 continues the trend.  Thanks.

David R.

0 Kudos