Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55s69 Config Tools SPI driver problem

Jump to solution
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using LPC55s69 and MCUXpresso 11.3.0 with SDK 2.9.0 and in Config Tools I have a warning about the SPI driver:

Issue: Unsupported version of the FLEXCOMM SPI Driver in the toolchain/IDE project. Required: 2.1.0, actual: 2.2.1. Project might not compile correctly.
Level: Warning
Type: Validation
Tool: Toolchain/IDE project
Origin: Peripherals
Target: Toolchain/IDE project: cm33_core0
Resource: platform.drivers.flexcomm_spi

Regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

updated Peripherals tool components are now available for MCUXpresso IDE v11.3 and Config Tools v9. The update is downloaded automatically once the tool is restarted. After that, the warnings you observed are no longer showed. Also, the component is properly showed in Peripherals and Components tab.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

I'm able to reproduce the warning you are observing. In this particular case, you can ignore the warning for now, code generated by the flexcomm_spi Peripherals tool component available in MCUXpresso IDE 11.3 is compatible with the SDK driver from SDK 2.9.0. We are preparing update of the data used by Peripherals tool, it will be publicly available next week. The update will be then automatically downloaded and the warning will be no longer displayed.

Sorry for inconvenience and thank you for reporting the issues.

Regards,

Lukas 

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hi,

I just noticed that the same problem is with I2C. Flexcomm drivers for USART and I2S are OK.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you so much for information. Please note that the SPI driver (added to the project) does not appear on the Components tab (like others without warning) in the Configuration Tools, but only on the Peripherals tab.

Regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

updated Peripherals tool components are now available for MCUXpresso IDE v11.3 and Config Tools v9. The update is downloaded automatically once the tool is restarted. After that, the warnings you observed are no longer showed. Also, the component is properly showed in Peripherals and Components tab.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hi Lukas,

Yes, now everything works great.

Thanks!

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

This is a warning, just ignore it, won't effect function, code can run well.

Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hello,

I know, I just want to report a bug (Config Tool?) because the SPI driver (added to the project ) does not appear in the Components tab of Config Tools but only in Peripherals tab with warning. The problem appeared in SDK version 2.9.0.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you please post more detail on the issue? Have you created a new project or re-opened a project created in previous version? 

Regarding the components tab - is it like there is completely missing the component? Please note that the configuration component instance name is derived from the name of the peripheral so there would be something like "FLEXCOMM0" even if you are using SPI driver with it.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Config Tools Team

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hi,
The problem occurs both in the new project and in the reopen. Regarding the components tab - Yes, it is like there is completely missing the component.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm sorry but I still cannot reproduce the issue. Could you please share with us the {project_name}.mex file with the configuration from your project folder? Also a screenshot of the components view would be useful.

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hi,

lukash wrote that they are already working on solving the issue:

"I'm able to reproduce the warning you are observing. In this particular case, you can ignore the warning for now, code generated by the flexcomm_spi Peripherals tool component available in MCUXpresso IDE 11.3 is compatible with the SDK driver from SDK 2.9.0. We are preparing update of the data used by Peripherals tool, it will be publicly available next week. The update will be then automatically downloaded and the warning will be no longer displayed."

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Lukas's post refers only to the warning reported for versions as they will add support for the latest driver version. However, the appearance in the Components tab is something that their fix will probably not influence, that's something my team can check and try to fix, but we need the configuration file for reproducing the issue.

Regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hi,

OK, I understand. So, I attach screenshots and a test project. I just noticed that the same problem is with I2C. SPI, I2C, USART and I2S drivers are added to the project. Only USART and I2S do not report a warning and are visible in the Components tab (scr1.png) while SPI and I2C have a warning in the Peripherals tab (scr2.png, scr3.png) and do not show in the Components tab.

I don't know if it matters but I'm using macOS version of MCUXpresso.

Regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you. Now I think I understand the origin of the issue. There is a check-box "Show only components in toolchain project" that is present only when you use the components view and which provides additional filtering that shows only SDK components that have already been added using the "Manage SDK components" in the IDE project explorer or during the project creation.

To achieve the same behavior, you can uncheck this checkbox and all available component should be offered. 

Petr_H_0-1614344908678.png

Does this resolve the issue for you ?

Just additional note - once you add a component that reports the error "driver not found in toolchain project" in problems, you can used context menu command "Add SDK component .... into the project" to quickly add the component instead of returning to project explorer and adding the SDK component there.

Petr_H_1-1614345298144.png

Regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hi,

Yes, I know about it. However the problem is that when the "Show only components in toolchain project" box is checked, SPI and I2C drivers should be displayed because they are included in the project. This was the case in previous versions of the SDK. In my opinion, the problem is related to the aforementioned warning on these drivers

Generally, for me in my "production" projects it is not a big problem - because the drivers work. But I have classes of embedded systems at the University, on LPC55s69 and this bug does not look right;)

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I see now So this is related the warning issue, as there is really a gap that that here is no UI configuration component exactly matching the version of SDK component you have in the project. It will be fixed when updated UI component is published (as described by Lukas). For now the workaround is to uncheck the checkbox and ignore the warning, sorry for the inconvenience.

regards

Petr Hradsky

Config Tools Team

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

OK, thanks for the information.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos