Jump to solution
jasonlambert
Contributor III

Hi Team,

I'm working with the following set-up

• MCUXpresso: v11.3.0 [Build 5222] [2021-01-11]
  • SDK: SDK_2.x_LPCXpresso5506 version 2.8.2
  • EVAL: LPC5506-EVK

I'm working on putting a basic application together showing the CAN bus off. I'm starting with SDK led_blinky as a base. Once I open up the Clocks tab I see that there is already an error showing up. 

Issue: Clocks initialization requires the POWER Driver in the project.
Level: Error
Type: Validation
Tool: Toolchain/IDE project
Origin: Clocks:BOARD_BootClockFRO12M
Target: Toolchain/IDE project: cm33_core0
Resource: platform.drivers.power

I have tried shutting down MCUXpreso, making a fresh workspace, and a computer restart. I have confirmed that this is only related to this device by loading up a simple project for the IMXRT1050 and I do not see the error. 

Is this related to the fact that this is a newly released device? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jason,

looks like this issue is caused by misalignment in internal identification of the power SDK driver inside the SDK package. As result, there is shown the false error you observe. I passed this to the SDK team. Meanwhile, it's safe to ignore this error as the led_blinky contains the power SDK driver by default.

You can check presence of the driver in SDK components manager and by looking into {project}\driver folder where fsl_power.c and fsl_power.h should be present:

lukash_1-1614929913377.png

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This issue will be fixed in SDK 2.10.0.

0 Kudos
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jason,

looks like this issue is caused by misalignment in internal identification of the power SDK driver inside the SDK package. As result, there is shown the false error you observe. I passed this to the SDK team. Meanwhile, it's safe to ignore this error as the led_blinky contains the power SDK driver by default.

You can check presence of the driver in SDK components manager and by looking into {project}\driver folder where fsl_power.c and fsl_power.h should be present:

lukash_1-1614929913377.png

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
jasonlambert
Contributor III

Thanks for the feedback Lukash. I was seeing this also with the hello world and any example for the matter FYI. So its good to know that we can just import the lib into the SDK and ignore it. 

The issue that threw me off when I tried that was I didn't see a library labeled with the same name that the error called out. I noticed the "power_no_lib" which was confusing..... Maybe a name change should be considered on that one  

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I reproduced your issue. I will check it internally. Will keep you informed.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos