cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54628 Config tools bugs

Jump to solution
jared77
Contributor I

Using Mcuxpresso 11.2.0 and Mcuxpresso SDK 2.8.2 for LPC54628 IOT has problems in the configuration tools for the ADC and CAN peripherals. The ADC conversion sequence B hardware trigger dropdown uses "6" to represent CTIMER0_MAT3 and CTIMER1_MAT3, the later should be 7. Also, the "Loop back/bus monitor modes" in the CAN peripheral configuration seem to be screwed up in multiple ways. I tested this with Mcuxpresso 11.1.1 and 11.2.0 as well as with sdk 2.8.0 and 2.8.1.

Is this the right place to post this? I wasn't able to find an official place to report bugs...

Edit: while I'm at it, another issue is the provided functions(in fsl_adc.h) that set the ADC conversion sequence priority are backwards, the function to set conversion sequence A to high priority actually sets it to low priority! This is adjacent to the issue in the config tools because these are the functions the generated code calls... See the the attached image.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for reporting these issues. I was able to reproduce these problems and we will fix them. If you want to fix the ADC trigger issues on your local data follow these instructions:

Find the full processor name and part number in the Overview window of the MCUXpresso IDE (when the Peripherals tool is open):

marek_neuzil_0-1602049478912.png

I suppose you are using LPC54628J512.

In your local hard drive (system drive, for example C:\) find the folder of MCUXpresso Config Tools program data. The default location is c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v8\processors\ (for MCUXpresso IDE 11.x). Find the folder of the processor name (LPC54628J512) and find the lpc_adc.xml file in the subfolder \ksdk2_0\<Part number>\resource_tables\ (for example \ksdk2_0\LPC54628J512ET180\resource_tables\lpc_adc.xml)

Open the lpc_adc.xml and fix the CTIMER1_MAT3 value definition:

marek_neuzil_0-1602050661059.png

Save the file.

When you restart MCUXpresso IDE the value of the hardware trigger shall be correctly generated in the source code of your project by the Peripherals tool.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jared,

Hope you are doing well.

Yes, this is the correct place to share this type of information. I appreciate you taking the time to write this post regarding bugs. I will check this and share with our design team if necessary. 

You mention the first part is on MCUXpresso 11.2.0, was this not present in previous versions? 

For the CAN issue you mention several versions do you mean that it is incorrect in all these versions mentioned or only in the latest version?

Lastly, in order for me to be able to reproduce your environment, could you please confirm the microcontroller you are using. You mention LPC54628 IOT, however we have the LPC54628-EVK or the LPC54018-IOT.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos
jared77
Contributor I

Sorry for not being clear with my wording. Both the CAN and ADC configuration errors existed in both of the scenarios I checked. I checked on one computer using Mcuxpresso 11.2.0 and Mcuxpresso SDK 2.8.2. I also checked on a second computer with Mcuxpresso 11.1.1 and Mcuxpresso SDK 2.8.0. I have not checked any other combinations, those were simply the installs I had on hand.

I am using the LPC54628-EVK. I briefly used the LPC54018-IOT before moving to the LPC54628 so I got confused. 

Since I still have both SDKs installed, I checked the LPC54018-IOT and it seems to have the same issues as well. Assuming the CAN and ADC peripherals are the same, I would assume these issues apply to the whole lpc5xxxx series.

Is there a way for me to fix the issue with the adc hardware trigger other than waiting for a new SDK to fix it? It is quite tedious manually changing the number back every time I edit the configuration, even for unrelated peripherals.

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for reporting these issues. I was able to reproduce these problems and we will fix them. If you want to fix the ADC trigger issues on your local data follow these instructions:

Find the full processor name and part number in the Overview window of the MCUXpresso IDE (when the Peripherals tool is open):

marek_neuzil_0-1602049478912.png

I suppose you are using LPC54628J512.

In your local hard drive (system drive, for example C:\) find the folder of MCUXpresso Config Tools program data. The default location is c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v8\processors\ (for MCUXpresso IDE 11.x). Find the folder of the processor name (LPC54628J512) and find the lpc_adc.xml file in the subfolder \ksdk2_0\<Part number>\resource_tables\ (for example \ksdk2_0\LPC54628J512ET180\resource_tables\lpc_adc.xml)

Open the lpc_adc.xml and fix the CTIMER1_MAT3 value definition:

marek_neuzil_0-1602050661059.png

Save the file.

When you restart MCUXpresso IDE the value of the hardware trigger shall be correctly generated in the source code of your project by the Peripherals tool.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos
jared77
Contributor I

Thanks for the help! That worked perfectly and will save me a few headaches.

0 Kudos