How to add missing driver from Config Tool?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add missing driver from Config Tool?

misterbee
Contributor II

I am using Config Tools v12.0. I have a working base configuration .mex. Now I want to configure a PIN as interrupt, so I went to 'Pint' tab, click selected pin and ticked one of the PINT option. However immediately I have following error seem to complain missing driver:

"

Issue: Pins initialization requires the INPUTMUX Driver in the project.
Level: Error
Type: Validation
Tool: Toolchain/IDE project
Origin: Pins:BOARD_InitPins
Target: Toolchain/IDE project: cm4
Resource: platform.drivers.inputmux

"

And when I right click the error, I did not see any option to download automatically the missing driver. 

I am using GNU GCC toolchain.

misterbee_1-1659092413492.png

How should I resolve this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

misterbee
Contributor II

Thank you @ErichStyger , but is there anyway we can do it without having to use the IDE? I would like to retain my toolchain that is GNU GCC.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

I have not used the standalone config tools for years, so I cannot really tell.

But a quick search (https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-Config-Tools/Where-is-the-driver-selection-in-Config-Tools-v...) showed that previously it was automatically adding missing drivers, but not any more after V3.

Depending on your build system, you should be able to add the driver manually from the SDK?

0 Kudos

misterbee
Contributor II

That is a pity, that would be a wonderful feature to retain. Users would love to use the config tools as stand alone rather than relying on XPresso IDE to add missing driver. Many users still prefer other IDE/toolchains.

But having said so, how to add this missing driver manually? I could not find the official instruction either. I still want to use my own toolchains instead of switching to Xpresso IDE just to resolve this.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

In the IDE, there is a checkbox to have the drivers added:

ErichStyger_0-1659093966178.png

0 Kudos

jg
Contributor I

Hello ErichStyger,

where can I find this window?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos