How do I use Project Generator for Config tools to get the files to show up in MCUXpresso IDE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use Project Generator for Config tools to get the files to show up in MCUXpresso IDE?

johnsorensen
Contributor II

I carried over a barebones simple project running on Kinetis Design Studio to MCUXpresso. I wanted to use the Config Tools Project Generator to do all the work, but that didn't work very easily. I had to load an existing bare bones project, then add the clock and pin and board files and main.c and anything else needed. I was using the latest tools, that is MCUXpresso IDEV10.0.2 Build411, SDK_2.x_MKL02Z32xxx4, and the June 7, 2017 version of the config tools. Using the project generator tool, the project files show up in the IDE project window, but not in the workspace. How would I get the project and files to show up in the IDE project window with all the right files in the Include directory? Existing instructions are outdated and don't work in trying to import the *.mex file. I can import the *.mex file, (now via the Quick Panel), but not all files are imported. What exactly are the proper updated  steps to do this?

Labels (1)
1 Reply

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

MEX file contains configuration of Config Tools, and such configuration cannot be imported into MCUXpresso IDE. Import of project generated from Project Generator into MCUXpresso IDE is described in chapter 6.7.1 of the Getting Started Guide:

To open a generated project in the MCUXpresso IDE:

1. Start the MCUXpresso IDE.

2. Open Installed SDKs view and ensure that the SDK is installed.

3. Navigate to the Quickstart Panel view and select Import SDK example(s)….

4. Select SDK and click Next.

5. Click the Import from XML… button on the toolbar.

6. Select the generated XML file

7. In the list of examples, expand the Project Generator category and select the generated example.

8. Confirm to import.

Alternativelly you can also create project in MCUXpresso IDE and copy-paste content of pin_mux.c and/or clock_config.c into this project

Hope this helps.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek