Hi all,Config Tools will be available integrated in the IDE in a future version?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all,Config Tools will be available integrated in the IDE in a future version?

gos_arg
Contributor I

I downloaded and make some basic project in the MCUXpresso from the web site. I couldn´t find Config Tools on it.

If a customer ask when the tools will be part of the IDE I would like to answer something consistent.
Kinetis native support is planned?
Other families, like Kinetis E, beyond MKE1xx, will be also supported?

Thank you and best regards,

Gabriel

0 Kudos
3 Replies

gos_arg
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer, I've instaled the Config Tools and tested.

Everithing runs ok. For customers comming from KDS MCUXpresso runs more smoothly.

Updates will be release as previous LPCXpresso or from the IDE as in KDS?

Best regards,

Gabriel

0 Kudos

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gabriel,

I'm not 100% clear on your question but... LPCXpresso IDE and KDS will no longer be developed but will continue to be available from nxp.com. New MCUXpresso IDE releases will be provided as they were for LPCXpresso IDE.

Since the SDKs provide a full definition of the LPC and Kinetis parts they support, the IDE wont also need to be updated to support new parts. There are exceptions to that ... devices that don't have an SDK (like the new LPC8xx series devices coming out this year) and those requiring new, future versions of GCC  will need new IDE releases to be supported.

regards,

Brendon 

0 Kudos

CJarvis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MCUXpresso Config Tools will be launched tomorrow (3/31/2017) as standalone tools.  They are being released as a standalone tool to accommodate use with other IDEs such as Kinetis Design Studio, IAR EWARM, and ARM KEIL MDK, in addition to the newly release MCUXpresso IDE.

The MCUXpresso Config Tools will be available on the follow website:  http://www.nxp.com/mcuxpresso/config

For a complete list of supported devices refer to the community post here.

0 Kudos