Can build project, but cannot update pin changes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can build project, but cannot update pin changes

curtis_hendrix
Contributor I

I'm working on code that was created by another team.  I can successfully build the project, but I cannot update any changes made with the Pin Config utility.  The "Update Project" button is grayed out with the message "Action is not available, because no toolchain project was detected in the configuration directory".

How do I fix this?
pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Curtis,

switch to `Develop` perspective and check the project - look into Problems view and Error Log view to find what issues are reported for the project. The typical root-cause is that you do not have SDK package assigned to the project, so SDK project cannot be loaded.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

curtis_hendrix
Contributor I

I had 2 warnings about an Include path not found.  They were part of the Assembler settings under Project Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings ->MCU Assembler -> General.  They weren't needed so I removed them from the project, which removed the two warnings.

pastedImage_1.png

I did a clean build of the project and "Update Project" is still grayed out with the same error message in the Pins configuration.

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

And Error Log?

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

curtis_hendrix
Contributor I

See attached.

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Curtis,

I can see the following exception in your log:

java.lang.Exception: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: The project 'Project_Name' has no nature com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.sdkNature

This means the SDK project nature was not initialized properly and this is the root cause why you cannot use SDK specific features in Pins/Clocks/Peripherals. Please follow your project with MCU IDE team, to get help on this problem: https://community.nxp.com/community/mcuxpresso/mcuxpresso-ide

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos