Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a kit and how to add it

razvanstanescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi all,

I am having some issues when trying to add a component from the IS-SDK (middleware.issdk.drivers.gpio_kinetis) to a new board SDK I am working on. I had a similar issue when trying to add the emWin component. The issue was cause by a missing "__requires__ board.rapidiotk64f". I've added the missing requirement tho the add_issdk_utils.yml :

pastedImage_1.png

But it still didn't work. After further reviewing the __requires__ I saw that I need the ui_control that needs the middleware.issdk.kit.support. So my first attempt was to add a rapidiotk64f kit but I failed. The solution that I came up with was to modify the __requires__ field of the ui_control form :

pastedImage_2.png

to

pastedImage_3.png

So new because the ui_control requires only board.support OR kit.support it works fine.

So my questions are :

1) What is a kit and do I really need to add it, or this solution is acceptable?

2) I saw that the IS-SDK is a separate repo, whit whom do I have to speak so I can push the necessary changes to it ?

Thank you,

Razvan.

8 Replies

AmitPurohit
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Razvan,

As Petr Kraus described a sensor kit is a combination of supported MCU board (Kinetis, LPC, i.MXRT) with an extension board also called as sensor shield board. For examples: FRDM-K64F-AGM01 is a sensor kit with FRDM-K64F (MCU FRDM board) and FRDM-STBC-AGM01 (sensor shield board). We do have software enablement for standard kits (with part number e.g. FRDM-K64F-AGM01) as well as few custom kits e.g. FRDM-K64F with MULT2B.

Please specify your requirements. As I understood after reading your initial description, you are trying to add enablement support for "RapidIoT" board using ISSDK for on-board sensors into MCUX? Please let me know following:

1) Do we have MCUX SDK support available for "RapidIoT" as a "board"?

2) Why you want to deploy "RapidIoT" as a "kit? I am guessing you would like to enable on-board sensors using ISSDK.

If you want MCUX SDK support for "RapidIoT" then you should officially add that as support request to SDK team and ISSDK team.

Regards,

Amit Purohit.

0 Kudos

razvanstanescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Amit,

Yes I will like to have support for the RapidIoT in the ISSDK. We need the GPIO drivers and also the sensor interface common in the RapidIoT examples. With whom do I have to speak so they can officially add support ?

Razvan.

0 Kudos

AmitPurohit
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Razvan,

I discussed with Petr Kraus and he informed me that RapidIoT board support is being added as part upcoming MCUXPresso SDK release 9. I can help add ISSDK middleware support for RapidIoT but i need approval from Ceci Lamoria (program manager, MCUXPresso SDK). I have requested Ceci to look into SDK Rel9 schedule and see if she can suggest a slot for adding ISSDK support in next RC.

Amit Purohit.

0 Kudos

PetrKraus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Razvan,

kit is a set of boards, typically a mother boards and a shield, like in the ISSDK case. Kits are either real products or just supported combinations of mother boards and shields.

amitp from the Sensors team can answer your your question realted to ISSDK and its kits.

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Razvan

in _requires_ attribute:

• list of required components on a single line represents list of all that must match at once (e.g. AND logic for all)
  • list of lines represents OR logic, e.g. at least one of them must be satisfied

Currently OR logic is not supported in the MANIFEST format (better to say it is supported for CORES only), so it is not recommended to use in YAML.

Holt Sun should answer, whether this is supported for the 'component_support'. This part is not processed by manifest generator itself, so I'm not sure here.

Regards,
Marek

razvanstanescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marek,

So from what I know the manifest was use with the old generator. Do we need to make the RapidIoT compatible with the old generator?

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Razvan,

manifest is used to describe content of the SDK package. Manifest is not an input of the SDK generator, but it is an output. Old SDK builder generated manifest from XML meta files. New SDK generator generates manifest from YAML data.

So if RapidIoT should be part of the SDK package, the manifest MUST be supported.

The manifest is mandatory for the MCU IDE and MCUXpresso Config Tools Project Cloner.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

razvanstanescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You are right, I mistaken manifest with meta data. And yes the RapidIoT needs to work with MCUX, but at the moment I am using the fix describe in the first post and it works fine with MCUXpresso.

0 Kudos