Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qn9080DK OTAP Image Load Address

Jump to solution
aswinpraj_1989
Contributor III

Hi Devs',

I've been trying to make a otap program for qn9080DK, with MCUXpresso IDE. NB: Just Begun

I've been trying the given example (qn908xcdk_wireless_examples_bluetooth_otap_client_att_bm ) in sdk. The board connects with the IOT Toolbox. I send the .s19 file through the app. and it shows transfer completed, but the new program seems not to run. The bootloader goes into the infinite Loop.

I've two questions based on the OTAP_att_client program and Otap Bootloader.

1. If OTAP file is transferred, In which location the image chunks recieved by the board or client is stored.(The exact Address Location)

2. Why the traditional otap with IoT Toolbox is not working as mentioned above, Am i missing anything

A Big thanks in Advance

1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aswin, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please let me know which SDK example's srec are you sending over for your OTAP?

To prepare a code for OTAP upgrading, some modifications need to be done to the project itself, these modifications are described in chapter 11.7.2 of the BLE Application Developer's Guide (found in the following SDK path: <…\SDKPackages\SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developers Guide.pdf>).

Some build flags need to be set, and you also need to change the memory map to allow for the OTAP bootloader.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aswin, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please let me know which SDK example's srec are you sending over for your OTAP?

To prepare a code for OTAP upgrading, some modifications need to be done to the project itself, these modifications are described in chapter 11.7.2 of the BLE Application Developer's Guide (found in the following SDK path: <…\SDKPackages\SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developers Guide.pdf>).

Some build flags need to be set, and you also need to change the memory map to allow for the OTAP bootloader.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

aswinpraj_1989
Contributor III

Hi Sebastian Delrio,

I tried the srec files of Wireless_Uart, gpio_led examples and I also tried with a custom program done by myself to check the otap_client_att program. 

I already gone through the chapter and the following design considerations are made

1.  added #define gEepromType_d gEepromDevice_InternalFlash_c in app_preinclude.h file.

2. gUseInternalStorageLink_d symbol to 1., gUseNVMLink_d to 1, gUseBootloaderLink_d to 1   in the MCU Linker Miscallaneous Tab

I tried to debug the otap_client_att program and the program is working fine as finally the OTA_SetNewImageFlag() funcltion is called and after reset the mcu, the board freezes

I'm using the bootloader_otap program in the sdk example.

I'd not yet understand the memory map changes and the app_preinclude.h file is almost fully highlighted with gray color.

and also the section 11.5 in the Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developers Guide.pdf. 

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aswin,

After the OTAP file is transferred to the device, it could take a little bit of time until the OTA Upgrade process is finished. The device should be resetting itself after this short amount of time, and the new image should be running.

Were any modifications done to the source code of the OTAP Client SDK example? Could you please try using the BLE Beacon SDK Example as your upgrade file?

<…\SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\boards\qn908xcdk\wireless_examples\bluetooth\beacon>

Please let me know of your findings.

Best regards,

Sebastian

aswinpraj_1989
Contributor III

Hi Sebastian DelRio,

Thanks for your Reply. I actually figured it out what i'm missing

1. Found my User Defines in the ld files are the culprit. 

2. The Memory mapping to include the bootloader section in the upgrade otap Image

Checking the Above two got me straight to a working set.

I'm actually onto a multiple time working model for otap in qn9080. Something like a "DSBL Dual image secondary boot loader."

Thanks alot nxf53124‌ for your help. 

0 Kudos