More on MCUXpresso and BCA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More on MCUXpresso and BCA

JBM
Contributor IV

I am porting an older application with bootloader functionality to MCUXpresso.  I have read a number of posts here and this on in particular seems to apply:

https://community.nxp.com/message/1004329?commentID=1004329#comment-1004329

In the end, it appears that the best way was to modify the linker scripts and, I assume, not use the managed linker script.   Has anybody been able to load the BootloaderConfig at a specific address with the MCUXpresso manageed linker script?

I have already got the flash relocated (I think) to the right address for my bootloader application. Now I would like to figure out how to move the BCA (I've done it by modifying linker scripts) using the managed linker script.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I write a document to show you how to allocate the data at specified address. 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

JBM
Contributor IV

I've already done what is in this document.   Another person wrote a similar document a year or two ago.  My question was, has anybody done with WITHOUT turning off the managed linker script functionality?

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If you do not turn off managed linker script, you can't modify the ld file. When you modify the ld file without turning off, the modification will not effect.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

In 99.9% you don't need to turn off managed linker scripts, because you can add/change things with the FreeMarker scripts. Turning off managed linker scripts bypasses all the checks of the linker file and should not be done: using the FreeMarker way has worked very well for me.

0 Kudos

JBM
Contributor IV

Thanks Erich, I'll take a look at that.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V
0 Kudos