MPC5746C HSM Pflash programming not happening

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746C HSM Pflash programming not happening

rudrappa_jangam
Contributor II

First of all i am trying to flash code on PFLASH of HSM , i am not able to do it .Because the flashing stops at 0x00610020. So I am not understanding ,what is the right way to it.

Can you please provide detailed steps to program the PFLASH area of HSM ?

-- what needs to be done first , DCF needs to be written properly or Flashing the Software needs to be done first?

-- Core 0 or Core1 needs to be programmed before programming HSM ?

A detailed description of working with MPC5746C or MPC5746G will be helpful.

I have attached the DCF snapshot which i see in Dump and which is not correct is the reason why software is not flasing as per my understanding.

6 Replies

rudrappa_jangam
Contributor II

Hi  Ankur,

Thank you for the reply.

I am using the Lauterbach scripts to flash the HSM Flash region.

I am trying to use the flash region as the generic flash region ,where my HSM application can be placed and the HSM core runs using this application.

Can you tell me the location of HSM firmware in 5746C/G ?

As informed by you that, HSM is already enabled.

Then the question would be DCF records also needs to be programmed before flashing the HSM application ?

If yes , what are the correct values for the DCF records to be written at what location.

Do you have some Application notes w.r.t how DCF records to witten and how HSM uses it ?

Any detailed doc will be helpful to work with HSM other than 5746C/G datasheet.

Thank you

With regards

Rudrappa

0 Kudos

ankur_vcns_apps
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rudrappa,

We do no support flashing/enabling of HSM by customers unless under some very strict agreements. In case you want to work with NXP provided HSM, you would have to place an order for HSM enabled samples which come with special part numbers. Please get in touch with NXP sales representative for the same. The HSM enabled samples provided by NXP are programmed with HSM firmware in NXP factory and also DCF enabled.

For all generic samples, HSM is not programmed and enabled from NXP.

Regards,

Ankur

0 Kudos

rudrappa_jangam
Contributor II

Hi,

I am still facing problem with HSM pflash programming for MPC5746C.

lets make my question simple.

Enable HSM using DCF and program HSM pflash 'or' First program HSM pflash and then Enable HSM using DCF ?

Which is the correct procedure.

I am using the below script in lauterbach without enabling DCF

LOCAL &chipFamily

InterCom.NAME HOST

; check connection / launch GUI:
IF !InterCom.PING(HSM)
TargetSystem.NewInstance HSM /ARCHitecture PowerPC

; arrange and name GUIs
InterCom HSM TITLE "TRACE32 MPC5746C_HSM"
InterCom HSM FramePOS 0% 0% 45% 75%
             TITLE "TRACE32 MPC5746C_HOST"
             FramePOS 50% 0% 45% 75%

LOCAL &CORE_NUMBER

InterCom ALL SYSTEM.RESET
InterCom ALL SYSTEM.OPTION.DUALPORT OFF
InterCom ALL SYSTEM.DOWN
 WAIT 1.s
InterCom ALL SYSTEM.BDMCLOCK 4.0MHz
InterCom ALL SYSTEM.DETECT.CPU

InterCom HOST SYSTEM.CONFIG.CORE 1. 1.
InterCom HSM SYSTEM.CONFIG.CORE 2. 1.

InterCom HOST SYSTEM.CONFIG SLAVE OFF
InterCom HSM SYSTEM.CONFIG SLAVE ON
InterCom ALL SYSTEM.OPTION.WATCHDOG OFF
;InterCom ALL SYSTEM.MEMACCESS NEXUS
InterCom ALL SYSTEM.CPUACCESS ENABLE
InterCom ALL SYSTEM.OPTION.DUALPORT OFF

InterCom HOST SYSTEM.UP
InterCom HSM SYSTEM.MODE.ATTACH
InterCom HSM BREAK

And when i execute line InterCom HSM SYSTEM.MODE.ATTACH , i get status in HSM window as running(reset) after this i cannot program the pflash of HSM.

OR

Shall i Enable the HSM using DCF and run this script to program the pflash (I spoiled 2 microcontrollers) doing this way.

So i am trying understand the right way to do it.

0 Kudos

ankur_vcns_apps
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As explained earlier, in case HSM functionality is required please contact your local sales representative. 

For using HSM code flash region as a generic flash region for application, HSM DCFs should not be programmed and the flash should be treated as any other flash region. 

As a comment on your sequence of steps above, HSM is enabled only after the corresponding DCF enables it. Do not try to use HSM core as any other application core. Playing with HSM without using the proper sequence may keep the device permanently in reset so it is not advised.

Regards,

Ankur

0 Kudos

rudrappa_jangam
Contributor II

Hi Ankur ,

Thank you for your inputs.

I could solve this problem.

thank you

With regards

Rudrappa

ankur_vcns_apps
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The question may be missing some context. Are you trying to enable HSM and write code for it or are you trying to use the HSM flash region as generic flash region.

For the first, NXP provides samples enabled with HSM and programmed with HSM firmware. We do not recommend programming HSM firmware in the field. Please get in touch with your sales representative for more details on HSM firmware.

For the second, where you want to use this as a generic flash region for normal application there are no constraints. You can use it as any other flash region. Please let us know the mechanism used to program and the error faced and we can help you further on this. You may also want to understand the constraints of using HSM regions from EB00875, Considerations for Avoiding Stuck-In-Reset Scenarios Caused by Non-Correctable ECC Errors i...

0 Kudos