problems with CPU startup LS1020A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with CPU startup LS1020A

ilyaminaev
Contributor I

Good afternoon. I am developing a motherboard on the LS1020A processor, and I have a number of questions about launching
I was based on the debug board tower. But, brought in a number of changes. I want to get a fee starting from Micro SD. The questions are as follows.
I'm connecting on auart. I turn on the power. Will I see the CPU response without a micro SD card? Is there a built-in BIOS or something similar on a pure processor?
I refused the FPGA. Where can I find information on how to install the service pins of the processor so that it automatically starts to load from the card.
My mail:  Minaev-lab18@yandex.ru . I would like to talk in more detail with the engineer of those support. Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the cfg_rcw_src configuration pins are set 0_0100_0000, the LS1020a PBL loads RCW of the LS1020a from SD/MMC. See the Table 4-9 of the LS1021a Reference Manual.

This configuration pins can be set using external pul-up/pull-down resistors.

If the LS1020a RCW bit 192-195 are set to 0110, the LS1020a PBL loads the LS1021a configuration for SD/MMC and provides boot from SD/MMC. See the Table 4-14 of the LS1020a Reference Manual.

NXP offers SDK 2.0-1703 Linux BSP. This BSP supports the TWR-LS1021a board. See documentation for this BSP:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

NXP offers LSDK Linux BSP for ARM based Layerscape processors. See documentation for this BSP:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/LSDK-KC-REV18.03.pdf

These BSP supports generation the u-boot boot loader and Linux image for SD boot.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos