lsdk21.08 flex-builder -m ls1043ardb output files: which is which?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsdk21.08 flex-builder -m ls1043ardb output files: which is which?

cnweibo
Contributor II

I have one ls1043ardb board, i downloaded the lsdk21.08 from nxp website, and i have already built out successfully with following command for that board:

flex-builder -m ls1043ardb

There are several files produced by above command, but i can not figure out which is which:

which is the kernel, which is the root file system?  can anyone give me a little explain for those?

flex-builder -m ls1043ardb outputflex-builder -m ls1043ardb output

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

cnweibo
Contributor II

Hi, thanks for your reply. but still some more questions to clarify:

1. firmware_ls1043ardb_norboot.img consists of all the composite firmware(RCW/PBL, ATF, Bootloader (U-Boot or UEFI), secure headers, Ethernet MAC/PHY firmware, dtb, kernel and tiny initrd RFS)?

2. If yes, where can i found the layout of each composite firmware within that firmware_ls1043ardb_norboot.img file?

3. As i know, lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb output file is a FIT image which contains kernel, rootfs, dtb, configuration options etc, what is the different purpose for those two file lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb vs firmware_ls1043ardb_norboot.img?

4. What is the difference between linux_LS_arm64_signature.itb and lsdk2108_yocto_tiny_LS_arm64.itb, they seems have similar footprint size in bytes?

5. What is the flash_images.scr used for?

6. There are several types of rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_desktop_arm64.tgz , rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz... what is difference between them and their usage?

7. What is the directory boot_LS_arm64_lts_5.10 used for, it consists of grub, modules, tools, secboot_hdrs subdirecty and some .dtb files, which is which for them?

8. Where can i found the traditional uboot,uboot.bin,uImage,initrd "components"? I'd like to let uboot boot up linux kernel with a nfs exported, how can i do that?

thanks~!

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1-2-3) Please read the Layerscape Software Development Kit User Guide, Rev. 21.08, 24 January 2022, Table 22. Unified 64 MiB memory layout of NOR/QSPI/XSPI/NAND/SD media for composite firmware on all Layerscape platforms

4) Read the LSDK UG, 6.1.1.5.6 Program verified boot images for Arm CoT

5) Read further section of the LSDK UG from 1-2-3).

6) Read the LSDK UG, 4.3.13 How to build various userland with custom packages

7) Read the LSDK UG, 4.3.8 How to generate LSDK bootpartition tarball

In the flex-buider directory /components/firmware/uboot

0 Kudos

cnweibo
Contributor II

Sorry, in the In the flex-buider directory /components/firmware/uboot directory, only source code available, i can not find the uboot.bin, uImage, rootfs files.

Where is them for me to use for single loading and debugging via nfs in dev environment?

thanks!~

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> find the uboot.bin,

In the /build/firmware/u-boot/ls1043ardb/

> uImage,

In the build/linux/linux/arm64/LS

> rootfs

In the /build/images

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Each "firmware_..." image is a composite one - please refer to the Layerscape Software Development Kit User Guide, Rev. 21.08, 24 January 2022, 4.3.4 How to generate LSDK composite firmware:

"LSDK composite firmware consists of RCW/PBL, ATF, Bootloader (U-Boot or UEFI), secure headers, Ethernet MAC/PHY firmware, dtb, kernel and tiny initrd RFS."

0 Kudos