cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls1021A - Lauterbach's Trace32 debugger: PER file covered by NDA

lucroy
Contributor III

To who it may concern,

We have purchase a Lauterback Trace32 debugger for the ls1021a. The debugger requires a PER file. This PER file contains a description of all the registers for the internal peripheral in the ls1021a. This file is covered by an NDA between Lauterback and  NXP.  We also have an NDA with NXP.

I need an NXP contact to get this file from Lauterback to us and verify NDA's are OK.

Or better yet release the file for general use so everyone can benefit. After all, the processor is now publicly released.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please request the file from Lauterbach directly because we do not have resources to support third-party tools.

Please provide their response if further assistance will be needed.

0 Kudos

lucroy
Contributor III

Because of legal issue Lauterbach cannot not release the file to us without NXP involvement. So they requested we through NXP

Here is what is what Lauterback had to say (the document being reference is "QorIQ LS1021A Reference Manual Document Number: LS1021ARM, Rev E,01/2015, Review Draft, Freescale Confidential") :

Some modules, register addresses.... are confidential, so you need to discuss this with NXP. We get those confidential document under NDA and we are not allowed to send them.

I think you should ask your NXP contact directly to get the PER file from them,  since I can provide this file only to someone from NXP.

Lauterbach have also presumably sent the following request to NXP but warned that I should pursue this on my own as mentioned above.

[[Customer name]] Mr. Luc Roy from "Trilliant Inc"
[[Submitter Name]]

[[Device]] LS1021A
[[Description]]
Our debug tool uses a data base file which we name "peripheral file"
and it's directory "menu file" for displaying peripheral register of
a chip on a logical level.

The peripheral file for the LS1021A was developed based on

"QorIQ LS1021A Reference Manual Document Number: LS1021ARM, Rev E,
01/2015, Review Draft, Freescale Confidential"

which we received under NDA. I know that the newer reference manuals are
public, now.

May we hand these files to the above customer?

(The question you need to think of is if there is any information in the above
document which got stripped in the new public document and shall not be made
public.

In case the above customer has an NDA then it should not be a problem at all.)

[[Severity (Low, Medium, Urgent, Line Down)]] Urgent
[[Template Version (do not edit)]]V1

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please send an email to the Lauterbach saying that the mentioned "QorIQ LS1021A Reference Manual Document Number: LS1021ARM, Rev E, 01/2015, Review Draft, Freescale Confidential" is out-of-date and the PER has to be created in accordance with the public revision of the RM (Rev.0):

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=LS1021ARM

0 Kudos