how to enable floating point support in P1022 in u boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to enable floating point support in P1022 in u boot

sumanchakrabort
Contributor I

I am using some trignometric functions in uboot . it gives exception while running .,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The P1022 processor has floating point unit named SPE, it does not implement floating point instructions as it defined in Book E.

If you attempt to execute common floating point instruction, it will lead to exception.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sumanchakrabort
Contributor I

Dear alexander.yakovlev ,

Normal floating point operation operations like addition.subtraction , multiplication and division works fine with float and double data type .

But while using the above file it gives exception in GET_HIGH_WORD which uses a structure for getting the lsw and msw for a float data.

Regards,

Suman kr Chakraborty

0 Kudos

sumanchakrabort
Contributor I

Dear alexander.yakovlev

Can you tell the alternative for this problem . how can i execute floating point instructions in p1022. This functions works fine in mpc8379 processor.

The code which i am using is presesnt in https://github.com/fidian/MathLib/blob/master/Src/e_acos.c

The exception gives in GET_HIGH_WORD point .

Regards,

Suman kr Chakraborty

SDG

0 Kudos