Which pin is mapped to GPIO in TWR-LS1021A?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which pin is mapped to GPIO in TWR-LS1021A?

Jump to solution
takumishimada
Contributor II

I would like to use GPIO on TWR-LS1021A.

I read TWR-LS1021A Reference Manual 2.21 and 3.1, and understood some pin of card edge connector is mapped to GPIO.

But I cannot understand what "GPIOn" (e.g. GPIO14) in the Table 3-1 means.

In TWR-LS1021A, there are 4 GPIO module and each of them has its own port.

Therefore, it seems it should be written as "GPIO_m[n]".

In the table of the reference manual, which port is mapped to "GPIOn"?

Regards,

Takumi

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The LS1021A RCW provides pin assignment between main function and alternate functions. Use the LS1021A RCW for pins assignment as alternate function (GPIO).

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The TWR-LS1021A uses I2C I/O port as GPIO expander. Find the U26 (PCA9555BS) on the TWR-LS-1021A board.

The GPIO14 is GPIO from this I2C I/O port.

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
takumishimada
Contributor II

Thanks Pavel.

I want to know where other ports are mapped.

Where are GPIO1 ~ GPIO31 mapped?

And which document can we refer to know where these ports are mapped?

Regards,

Takumi

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Most of GPIO signals are available from CPLD on the TWR-LS1021A board.

There is a few GPIO from the LS1021. Find the FTM1_QD_PHA_GPIO3_13 or FTM1_QD_PHB_GPIO3_14 signals on the TWR-LS1021A board.

Have a great day,
Pavel

takumishimada
Contributor II

I found the signal description chapter in LS1021A Reference Manual.

But this chapter doesn't describe which pin the signal is sent to.

I want to send some signal to other devices.

Regards,

Takumi

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The LS1021A RCW provides pin assignment between main function and alternate functions. Use the LS1021A RCW for pins assignment as alternate function (GPIO).

Have a great day,
Pavel

0 Kudos