Whether RPMsg and SRTM can be used for communicate between virtual partition in LS1028A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whether RPMsg and SRTM can be used for communicate between virtual partition in LS1028A

jiaweilin
Contributor III

Hello,

I noticed the addition of RPMSG and SRTM capabilities for inter-core communication and device sharing in RT-Edge v2.3.

However, the documentation I found for RPMSG and SRTM was for the i.MX8 product platform, and I didn't see more detailed instructions.

Where can I find more detailed instructions on how to use RPMSG and SRTM?

Whether RPMsg and SRTM can be used for inter-core communication and device sharing between virtualized partitions in LS1028A?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jiaweilin
Contributor III

Thank you for the reply. 

I have the following two questions.

1.Whether it can be done that implement inter-partition communication of jailhouse based on RPMsg on LS1028 by modifying DeviceTree or Linux driver? Can you provide relevant modification cases or explain what needs to be modified?

2. Does RT-Edge provide Jailhouse's original shared memory-based inter-partition communication API? Or where can I find instructions for the Jailhouse Interpartition communication API?

thanks!

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In real-time-edge-v2.3, RPMSG and SRTM are only used for virtual uart case between A-core(linux) and M-core(RTOS),
if want to use it in jailhouse, you should porting and modify the related code to Linux kernel or inmate system in jailhouse,
you can refer to drivers/tty/rpmsg_tty.c in linux.

In jailhouse, there is inbuilt virtual NIC based on shared memory, you can refer to the keyword "JAILHOUSE_SHMEM_PROTO_VETH" in jailhouse code,
the virtual NIC can implement Interpartition communication.

0 Kudos

jiaweilin
Contributor III

Could you give me some advice?

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

RPMsg and SRTM can't be used in LS1028A platform in RT-edge v2.3

about RPmsg, you can refer to the following link:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/staging/rpmsg.html

thanks