cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the driver named "sec-v4.0-mon"

Jump to solution
jasonhendrix
Contributor V

I'm trying to enable the ls1021a on-chip RTC in Linux.  According to the binding text, the sec_mon unit should be bound to the sec-v4.0-mon driver.  But I cannot find where that driver is implemented.  sec-v4.0-mon-rtc-lp is implemented in snvs_rtc.c as expected.  Where can I get the driver named "sec-v4.0-mon" (or and equivalent) for accessing the ls1021a Security Monitor?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jasonhendrix
Contributor V

Yes, simple-bus is valid, and works as the fall-back for the non-existent "sec-v4.0-mon" driver.  See my other post in the NXP community for more details on the device tree.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jasonhendrix
Contributor V

I found this thread, which seems to state that there is no sec-v4.0-mon driver.  The fallback compatible "simple-bus" is supposed to allow access to the rtc_lp device. 

[PATCH v2] rtc: snvs: add Freescale rtc-snvs driver

Does anyone know if "simple-bus" is a valid fallback compatible; I've seen people recommend "syscon" as well.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
jasonhendrix
Contributor V

Yes, simple-bus is valid, and works as the fall-back for the non-existent "sec-v4.0-mon" driver.  See my other post in the NXP community for more details on the device tree.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jason Hendrix,

SNVS RTC is not formally supported in LS1021x Linux SDK, you could refer to the dts for imx6 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sl.dtsi.

For hardware design, please refer to  LS1021AQDS.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos