Trying to read Reset Request Preboot Loader Status Register on LS1046A using CodeWarrior TAP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to read Reset Request Preboot Loader Status Register on LS1046A using CodeWarrior TAP

JRRandall
Contributor III

Greetings,

We have a custom board based on the LS1046A that needs to boot from QSPI NOR flash. We are having a problem with the RCW that we put into the QSPI flash. Something goes wrong at power on and the board is not booting.

In order to debug this, there is a Reset Request Preboot Loader Status Register (RSTR QPBLSR) that we would like to use CodeWarrior TAP to connect to the target and read out while in this state.  There is a ERR_CODE bitfield in this register that will hopefully give us some breadcrumbs on where to look next, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to read it with TAP.  I don't want an initialization script to reset anything on the target.  Just connect and read this status register.  How can I accomplish this using CodeWarrior TAP?  I.e. read CFG_CCSR_RSTRQPBLSR[ERR_CODE].  I believe for the LS1046A this would be base address 1EE_0084 for error register

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please confirm that RESET_REQ_B assertion does not generate PORESET_B in your case.

0 Kudos