The board LS1043ARDB is not booting, How to resolve or fix the board LS1043ARDB booting issue ?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

The board LS1043ARDB is not booting, How to resolve or fix the board LS1043ARDB booting issue ?

401件の閲覧回数
sreeramya
Contributor I

Hi All,

Can anyone please guide me to fix the board (LS1043ARDB) booting issue ,

The board LS1043ARDB is not booting, board got stuck after updating the board with the image “lsdk_linux_arm64_LS_tiny.itb” and after installing LSDK2108 Images(boot partition and Rootfs Images), unable to capture boot logs .

Note1: Our Board has eMMC of 8GB in-built, which is fixed i.e. cannot be unplugged or removed.

Note2: As we had faced USB Pendrive detection issue in our board while we tried to install newer version of LSDK2108 "lsdk2108_yocto_tiny.itb" , so we had used older version of LSDK1906 lsdk_linux_arm64_LS_tiny.itb to resolve the USB Pendrive Detection issue.

Steps we followed:

1) We had used TFTP Tool to load or to update the image “lsdk_linux_arm64_LS_tiny.itb” into the board using below command…

tftp a0000000 lsdk_linux_arm64_LS_tiny.itb;bootm a0000000#ls1043ardb

The board had booted to Tiny Linux Environment V19.06 and detected the USB Pendrive as sda,sda1.

2) We made USB Pendrive with EXT4 Format and copied below files in order to install LSDK2108 Images through Pendrive:

1. Bootpartition Image (boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz),
  2. Rootfs Image (rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz).
  3. Flex-installer executable file.

3) We formatted the sd/eMMC  of 8GB and made 3 partitions as "3P=1G:2G:-1" using below command.

$ flex-installer -i pf -d /dev/mmcblk0 -p 3P=1G:2G:-1 .

4) We installed boot partition and Rootfs images using below command:

$ flex-installer -b boot_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz -r rootfs_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz -d /dev/mmcblk0.

5) The installation was  successful but after Installation of  Boot partition Image and Rootfs Image,

When we “Reboot” or restarted the system but the board got stuck at the below point and not booting as shown in the below image.

“[160787.110193] reboot: Restarting system” .

When we do Hard reset , the board is not responding, as nothing was capturing  in the Putty logs also .

Please guide us to solve  this booting issue and help us to get the installed LSDK2108 Images reflected in the board chip.

0 件の賞賛
返信
2 返答(返信)

320件の閲覧回数
sreeramya
Contributor I

Hi  @LFGP

Thanks for the steps provided,

The board LS1032ARDB has inbuilt SD Card which cannot be removed, Our board does not have extra SD Card slot to plug SD card.

So we had used USB Pendrive which has LSDK Images copied inside it to install the images into the board, this worked without any issue.

But after installing LSDK2108 images , board is not booting....Could you please guide me to fix from this booting issue...Why actually this board is not booting after installing LSDK2108 Images....how to make the board to boot and check whether the installed LSDK2108 Images reflected inside the board chip or not ?  Kindly please suggest on this..

0 件の賞賛
返信

363件の閲覧回数
LFGP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For your convenience please develop the next steps: 

4.1.9.5 Automatically download and deploy LSDK images (LSDK  21.08 User guide)
To automatically download and deploy LSDK images to a board using a removable storage device ( I recommend use a SD card) which can be connected to alocal Linux host machine:
1. Connect the removable storage device to the Linux host machine.
2. Download flex-installer to deploy LSDK images.
$ wget https://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/sdk/lsdk2108/flex-installer && chmod +x flex-installer &&
sudo mv flex-installer /usr/bin
3. Execute the following flex-installer command to automatically install LSDK default rootfs_lsdk2108_LS_arm64_main.tgz
and boot_LS_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz.
$ flex-installer -i auto -m ls1043ardb -d <device>
• Use the command cat /proc/partitions to see a list of devices and their sizes to make sure that the
correct device names have been chosen.
• The SD/USB/SATA storage drive in the Linux PC is detected as /dev/sdX, where X is a letter such as a, b, c.
Make sure to choose the correct device name, because data on this device will be replaced.
• If the Linux host machine supports read/write SD card directly without an extra SD card reader device, the
device name of SD card is typically mmcblk0.
NOTE
4. Unplug removable storage device from the Linux host and plug into the reference board.
5. Make sure the DIP switch settings on the board are correct to boot from the desired boot medium.
6. Power-on the board. The system automatically boots up to the LSDK distro.
• Use the following default credentials to log on to to the LSDK distro:
— root/root, or
— user/user 

0 件の賞賛
返信