cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTOS for LX2160A and LS1088A

Jump to solution
joseph_lindula
Contributor IV

Hello, I'm new to NXP and their line of ARM processors. My co-workers have been using the ARM+DSP processor from TI and complain that it is difficult to program. They believe because of the two different types of cores. So I thought it may be best to stay with the same kind of core.

That being said I am looking at the LS1088A and the LX2160A ARM processors. I would like to know what RTOS from NXP that is best suited to run on these devices? I'm not familiar with the software SDK's from NXP. TI has their TI-RTOS(SYSBIOS) and I though NXP would have something similiar.

Thank you,

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joe, 

LSDK is Linux OS based SDK. If you want to develop baremetal applications, you could download and install CodeWarrior tool for ARMv8 from CodeWarrior Dev Tools for Networked Apps v11.4.4 | NXP , then develop your application in this tool. You could refer to driver development in u-boot in LSDK.

Thanks,

Yiping

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bastian_schick
Contributor IV

Late reply, I know, but SCIOPTA recently ported its safety RTOS to the LX2160a.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joe Lindula,

NXP provide LSDK(Layerscape Software Development Kit) to customers, It provides all the necessary drivers, tools and libraries required to enable all features of the ARM based Layerscape processors. 

You could download the latest LSDK 19.09 from Layerscape SDK | NXP .

For software and tools, please refer to the following

QorIQ® Layerscape 1088A and 1048A | NXP 

Layerscape LX2160A Multicore Communications Processor | NXP 

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos
joseph_lindula
Contributor IV

Hello, thank you for responding to my message. Is the SDK an RTOS? Can I write baremetal applications that will enable me to access the high-speed peripherals such as PCIe and Ethernet (UDP)? 

Respectfully,

Joe

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joe, 

LSDK is Linux OS based SDK. If you want to develop baremetal applications, you could download and install CodeWarrior tool for ARMv8 from CodeWarrior Dev Tools for Networked Apps v11.4.4 | NXP , then develop your application in this tool. You could refer to driver development in u-boot in LSDK.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos
joseph_lindula
Contributor IV

Thank you very much. 

0 Kudos