RCW and App note AN5252 for LS1046A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCW and App note AN5252 for LS1046A

smiller2
Contributor III

I am trying to configure the RCW with respect to AN5252 which provides a design checklist.    I have a fair number of unused pins.   Often these are listed in the app note as : "Program as a GPIO and as an output."   I figured out how to set them to GPIO in the RCW.   However, I do not find where in the RCW that I set their direction to be output.   There are a large bunch of bits call General Purpose Information  (bits 288 through 319).   However, the datasheet does not indicate what these are.   It just says that "software may use these".   

1. In the RCW, how do I set a GPIO to output? 

2.  With regard to AN5252, if I set the unused pin to GPIO and output, then what state should the output be in?   Drive High or Drive Low?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. RCW can only rout/mux pins to be GPIO ones. It is responsiblity of boot software to set GPIO ports as outputs, GPDIR registers are used for that.

2. GPDAT registers define output state of the GPIO signals. By default GPDAT are 0x0, so low level presents on outputs. If pins are not connected, their state is not so important.

Regards,

Bulat

0 Kudos