cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packrfs failed? ubuntu is incomplete

Jump to solution
m_kei
Contributor III

I am trying to generate RFS in LSDK2108. We are trying to build userland by referring to "How to build various userland with custom packages" in the LSDK2108 user guide.

Whenever I run "flex-builder -i packrfs", I get something like the following error message.

/xxx/flexbuild_lsdk2108/build/rfs/rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64 is incomplete

Since no further messages are output, it is difficult to tell if this is an error or not. What kind of output message is this?

Is it an error? Or is it an advice to continue doing mkboot?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
m_kei
Contributor III

The cause seems to have been a corrupted file in build/rfs or some other problem.

For some reason, build/rfs was not erased even with cleanrfs, and because of the corrupted rfs file, the rootfs is not created in mkrfs, resulting in an error that there is no target rootfs as packrfs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mdecandia
Contributor III

Hi all,

which is the cause and the solution for this kind of error?

0 Kudos
m_kei
Contributor III

The cause seems to have been a corrupted file in build/rfs or some other problem.

For some reason, build/rfs was not erased even with cleanrfs, and because of the corrupted rfs file, the rootfs is not created in mkrfs, resulting in an error that there is no target rootfs as packrfs.

0 Kudos
m_kei
Contributor III

The packrfs command is supposed to generate rootfs, but when this error is printed, rootfs was not generated in the image folder. In other words, packrfs has failed.

However, as shown above, it only shows "incomplete", so it is unclear why it is failing. What is the cause of the error?

0 Kudos