Minimal LS1027A board for USB transducer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimal LS1027A board for USB transducer

xionu
Contributor I

I am trying to design a custom board with LS1027A, which connects 2 USB ports, one as host the other as device, while LS0127A does some processing in between. My questions are:

(1) Is it feasible to use only a LS1027A processor, two DDR4 chips (2x512Mx32) and an eMMC chip (8GB) as well as necessary power and clock generation components to minimize the size of the board? Is it possible to fit all these stuff into a 30mm x 30mm board?

(2) Is it possible to use a USB Type-C connector for JTAG to program the eMMC flash?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kenli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are located in China and working on a non-verification project that has the potential for mass production, you can contact local distributors who can provide you with detailed design proposals and reference information.

Best regards
0 Kudos

Oswalag
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello!

1) From my point of view it looks difficult due to the ls1027A package dimensions are 17mm x 17mm x 2.46mm, we have an example from one of our partners but still being difficult to reach the size you mentioned. 

Arm® Architecture: MicroSys

2) Sorry, it is not possible. 

0 Kudos

xionu
Contributor I

Thank you! This should conclude the discussion throughout the week. We will aim at 5x5cm then.

0 Kudos