显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

MiniPCIE does not work via USB bus

跳至解决方案
1,915 次查看
upartners
Contributor III

The LS1043ARDB supports USB2.0 connection on the MiniPCIE connector. I have a 4G module whose interface is MiniPCIe, the actual comminacation  bus is the USB2.0. I connect this module to the MiniPCIo connector on LS1043ARDB, the module does not work.

I found in the schematic that the USB3_ID of the USB3 which is used in MiniPCIE is floating.I think that USB3 can only be used as device/slave,can not be used as host,right?

If I was right, what should I do?

If I was wrong, Could you please tell me how to debug?

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day.

标签 (1)
标记 (1)
0 项奖励
1 解答
1,599 次查看
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you want to use this USB as Host, you must tie USB3_ID to GND.

It is correct for any USB OTG connection. Therefore it is correct for USB from MiniPCIe board.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
6 回复数
1,599 次查看
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The USB2_DRVVBUS and USB3_DRVVBUS are output of the LS1043a USB controllers. These pins are used for enable USB_VBUS using external power switch like to MX1558.

The USBn_PWRFAULT are input indicates that a Vbus fault has occurred. Power switch set low on this pin if a Vbus fault has occurred.

If the LS1043a is USB host, these signals are needed for providing USB VBUS.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 项奖励
1,599 次查看
upartners
Contributor III

We design our product refer to the LS1043ARDB, and want to use USB3 as host mode. We MUST tie USB3_ID to GND, is it enough?

The USB3_DRVVBUS Pin is used for TDMA_RQ in the LS1043ARDB, we use USB3 as host mode, deos USB3_DRVVBUS need? 

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day.

0 项奖励
1,600 次查看
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you want to use this USB as Host, you must tie USB3_ID to GND.

It is correct for any USB OTG connection. Therefore it is correct for USB from MiniPCIe board.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 项奖励
1,599 次查看
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The USB_ID is USB OTH signal. This pin should be tied to GND on the host connector (ID pin resistance to ground < 10 Ohm).

This pin should be floating on USB device connector (ID pin resistance to ground > 10 KOhm). See USB OTG Specification.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 项奖励
1,599 次查看
michaelscott40
Contributor I

Hello,

I am evaluating LS1043ARDB hardware labelled SCH-28529 REV C / TDA5625 / CPLD V 1.4.   I would like to use a MiniPCIe Wireless Card w/ USB interface for Bluetooth.  After looking at the schematic and reading this discussion it is obvious why this does not work at the moment.

Do you have instructions for how to tie USB3_ID to GND?  I would like to modify my hardware to continue evaluation.

Thank you.

0 项奖励
1,599 次查看
upartners
Contributor III

Yes,I understand.

I would like to confirm that the USB of MiniPCIe on RDB can not be used as a Host?

If we want to use this USB as Host, we must tie USB3_ID to GND?

Have a great day.

0 项奖励