cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 SSD in LS1046 custom board

Jump to solution
Ellu24
Contributor III

I am designing a hardware using LS1046. In our design, we are planning to use M.2 SSD PCIe3.0x4 instead of eMMC or SDcard. We are planning to connect M.2 SSD using USB -PCIe bridge. My questions are:

1) Can I use M.2 SSD instead of eMMC or SDcard and will the processor support the same?

2) Is it compatible for the processor to use the USB -PCIe bridge?

Thanking you in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mrudangshelat-13
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ellu24,

LS1046A can boot from SD/eMMC. It cannot boot from SSD. So if you use SSD, you need to use some other boot source.

You are planning to use USB-PCIe bridge. I'm not sure why you do not plan to connect M.2 SSD directly to PCIe controller of LS1046A. This will give you very high throughput.

The USB controller of LS1046A complies with USB specification rev 3.0. You can plug-in anything that complies to the specification.

Regards,
Mrudang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mrudangshelat-13
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ellu24,

LS1046A can boot from SD/eMMC. It cannot boot from SSD. So if you use SSD, you need to use some other boot source.

You are planning to use USB-PCIe bridge. I'm not sure why you do not plan to connect M.2 SSD directly to PCIe controller of LS1046A. This will give you very high throughput.

The USB controller of LS1046A complies with USB specification rev 3.0. You can plug-in anything that complies to the specification.

Regards,
Mrudang

0 Kudos
Ellu24
Contributor III

Thank you very much for your reply.

0 Kudos