cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layerscape LS1028ARDB hangs at BL31 boot stage

acentauri92
Contributor I

Hello, 

I am trying to boot up the LS1028ARDB reference design board using the OpenIL. I am  following the instructions on the OpenIL user guide.

Steps followed:

1. Changed the SW2 switch on the board to the setting ‘10001000’ to boot from SD card.
  2. git clone https://github.com/openil/openil.git
  3. cd openil
  4. git checkout OpenIL-v1.10-202012 -b OpenIL-v1.10-202012
  5. make fii_ls1028atsn-64b_ubuntu_defconfig
  6. make -j4

The build finishes successfully and the images are in the output/images folder. I then dumped the sdcard.img to the SD card using the disk imager that Ubuntu 18.04 provides. Once the board is switched on however, the boot process stops at BL31 booting phase as shown in the picture. It would be great if anyone can help me out on this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

acentauri92
Contributor I

Update #1: I changed the OpenIL git branch to master and then compiled the images. This seemed to have solved the issue. The boot successfully finishes and I have access to the shell prompt. However, When I compile the Ubuntu image for the board (nxp_ls1028ardb-64b_ubuntu_defconfig), the shell asks for login and the login details are not mentioned anywhere in the user guide.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In the step 5 of your build procedure, you need to use nxp_ls1028ardb-64b_ubuntu_defconfig 

Please login Linux system with "root".

0 Kudos