LSDK Prebuilt Images with DHCP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSDK Prebuilt Images with DHCP

henry10210
Contributor II

Hi Platon, just burned the lastest LSDK rootfs and boot partition to the SD card this morning with flex-installer, following the online documentation.  Since it boots, I would guess that whatever FW was burned into the QSPI is irrelevant, so I cannot understand why the eth0/eth1 (pfe_eth devices) on the FRWY-LS1012A board do not get the DHCP address.  I confirmed with WireShark that the board does NOT send any DHCP request, which would explain the DHCP failure.

Nothing turns on for the LSDK DHCP failure, so I am wondering how I could have screwed up such seemingly simple steps as writing the precompiled binary to the SD card.  It seems Ubuntu 18.04 went to netplan for the interface configuration, and going back to the ifupdown legacy system is not working.

Should I assume that the FRWY-LS1012A board is tested before the LSDK release, or is my board not supported any more?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

christophe_schm
Contributor IV

Hi,

I've similar issue with a LS1012ARDB board ... but a bit different. Let me give a try here but will keep seeking community for correct thread. Using latest LSDK 19.09 and also able to build  firmware_ls1012ardb_uboot_qspiboot.img  I can flash and use. Note I flash it on bank 2 and not bank 1 of embedded QSPI flash device - maybe this is my problem and I shall put it on bank 1.

Problem I've is I simply don't see and cannot mount the eth0 device depsite in u-boot phase it seems to be up and running already. So I can boot and log into tiny Linux as root and there, in order to flash boot partition and userland I need first to bring up eth0 by doing " ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:80:48:BA:d1:30". Doing that simply tells me there is no such device, I only can see "lo" and "sit0@NONE" devices, ping localhost works making me believe stack is up and alive. Any idea? Thx Christophe

0 Kudos

christophe_schm
Contributor IV

For those with same problem as me and hitting this post, please go to this other post that seems more appropriate: https://community.nxp.com/message/1067146 

0 Kudos