Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS2085A QDS Board SerDes 1 Protocol(35) requirement

Jump to solution
anandhakumarm
Contributor III

Hi all

Under SerDes1  (35)  Protocol, configuration will be like 4 XFI lanes, 1 PCIe lane and remaining all are QSG lanes. I want a configuration like 4 XFI lanes and 4 PCIe lanes. Is there any possibility to have a configuration like that ?

Or this can be done only making some hardware changes ?

How to create RCW configuration of my requirement ?

Thanks..

- Anandh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
anandhakumarm
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

I already know the info what u had told.. i just want to know like, shall i override those existing protocol.. is there any steps or solution to override those defualt protocol ?? Anyway.. great thanks for your info Adrian..

Thanks..

- Anandh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Anandha Kumar M,

You need to change the default protocol, or as you wrote "override those existing protocol", this could be done by changing RCW and Switch setting on the QDS board, or writing to the QIXIS registers directly but not normally.

Regards

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If SerDes1 support 4 XFI lanes and 4 PCIe lanes, you can use it. Please see RM for more details. About how to create custom RCW configuration you can use CodeWarriorNetworked Applications : QCVS|Freescale  and create LS2085 PBL project.

Adrian

0 Kudos
anandhakumarm
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

I already know the info what u had told.. i just want to know like, shall i override those existing protocol.. is there any steps or solution to override those defualt protocol ?? Anyway.. great thanks for your info Adrian..

Thanks..

- Anandh

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can edit \arch\arm\cpu\armv8\fsl-lsch3\ls2085a_serdes.c and add your serdes protocol in struct serdes_config serdes1_cfg_tbl[] {}.

Adrian

0 Kudos
anandhakumarm
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

I already done what u mentioned, i edited that file in the SDK and tried but that doesn't works.. Do u have any other idea ??

0 Kudos