cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046ARDB and huge SD card - issue on warm reboot with u-boot writing

mathiasköhrer
Contributor I

Hi all,

my setup is a LS1046ARDB and a 64 GB SD card.

I am runnning LSDK 18.06, the board will be completely booted from the SD card.

OS is Linux kernel 4.14 as provided by the LSDK 18.06.

This works fine. However I have the issue that occurs after a warm reboot (either by performing a reboot from Linux or by pressing the reset button on the board).

In these situations, the u-boot (2018.03) starts. However, I am not able to perform a "saveenv" on the u-boot command line.

I get lot of error messages:

=> saveenv
Saving Environment to MMC... Writing to MMC(0)... mmc write failed
failed
Failed (1)
Saving Environment to MMC... Writing to MMC(0)... failed
Failed (1)

Also, in these situations the Linux system reports frequently MMC access errors.

When I do the very same on a boot from power off this works fine.

Also, when I use a 4 GB SD card it seems to work as well.

For me it looks as if the u-boot is not resetting the SD card properly on a warm reboot and this leads to the issue.

Please find attached a log file that shows the reboot phase.

Thanks for any feedback on this

Mathias

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mathias Köhrer,

The software triggers the reset circuit which generates a 300ms reset. Per SD/eMMC device SPEC, the initialization of device maybe take up to 1 second, so SD device cannot complete the initialization within 300ms, so it failed to be operated under u-boot.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos