Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046ARDB RTIC Throttle value

Jump to solution
Faizanbaig
Contributor IV

Hi ,

I am trying to configure RTIC(Run time integrity Checker) on LS1046ARDB board. I want to set RTIC throttle register but I did not find any reference values for setting the Throttle value . Is there any additional document other than Trust2.1 and SECRM manual that can help us in  deciding the throttle value? 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Faizanbaig  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

RTIC throttle register is to define how many SEC engine clocks to wait to launch the next descriptor to hash the next block of data. This is used to keep RTIC from using too much bus bandwidth.
So it depends on your use case and whether you are using the SEC engine for other operations (e.g. IPsec, VPN, TLS, etc).
I will suggest initially set RTIC Throttle (RTHR) at 0x176001c to 0xff000000, and adjust the value accordingly to your use case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

RTIC throttle register is to define how many SEC engine clocks to wait to launch the next descriptor to hash the next block of data. This is used to keep RTIC from using too much bus bandwidth.
So it depends on your use case and whether you are using the SEC engine for other operations (e.g. IPsec, VPN, TLS, etc).
I will suggest initially set RTIC Throttle (RTHR) at 0x176001c to 0xff000000, and adjust the value accordingly to your use case.

0 Kudos
Faizanbaig
Contributor IV
Hi,
In this  "set RTIC Throttle (RTHR) at 0x176001c to 0xff000000"  what does 0xff000000 means?
0 Kudos
Faizanbaig
Contributor IV
0 Kudos