LS1046A RSTCR register can not control RESET_REQ_B output?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046A RSTCR register can not control RESET_REQ_B output?

Jump to solution
flashingsky
Contributor II

Hi,

I set RESET_REQ bit of RSTCR register in LS1046A to 1,why the pin RESET_REQ_B can not output reset request? Whether I set RESET_REQ bit to 1 or 0, RESET_REQ_B always output level 0.

Best Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Low state of RESET_REQ_B signal means that reset request is already issued.

Did you check this signals after reset? Is it high when device comes out of reset sequence?

Regards,

Bulat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Low state of RESET_REQ_B signal means that reset request is already issued.

Did you check this signals after reset? Is it high when device comes out of reset sequence?

Regards,

Bulat

0 Kudos
flashingsky
Contributor II
Hi,Bulat: I've solved this problem.Thank you! You're right.Low state of RESET_REQ_B signal means that reset request is already issued.It is because serdes 2 module is not used in my application.I do not provide any clock to SD2_REF_CLK1/2.So after reset,SD2 PLL unlock will issue RESET_REQ_B to low which can be found in RSTRQSR1 register(SRDS_RST_RR bit).So after I power down SD2 PLL by RCW,RESET_REQ_B changes to high after reset. Then if I set RESET_REQ bit of RSTCR register,Low RESET_REQ_B can trig a PORESET to LS1046A. Best Regards!
0 Kudos
flashingsky
Contributor II

Thanks,Bulate.

After reset,RESET_REQ_B  constantly keep low. This signal is only pulled high by pull up resistor during reset.

So if I use the low RESET_REQ_B to trig a PORESET_B to LS1046A,the LS1046A would not run up and keep in reset state.

I've checked the LS1046A Reference Manual.It refers to that RESET_REQ_B is Negated-Indicates no reset request in table 4-3. Does it mean that RESET_REQ_B low issuses no reset request and high issuses reset request?

Best regards.

0 Kudos