cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046A DDR4 Hyperlynx simulation

moshemarcu
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using LS1046A and I am trying to simulate its DDR4 interface (at 2100MT/s) using Hyperlynx of Mentor.

I am a bit confused regarding filling two parameters for the controller (LS1046A) for the Read cycles.

The Hyperlynx requires two parameters, TDIVW  (RX mask) and TDIPW (minimum required pulse width)

The datasheet gives only TCISKEW (±80ps).

Does the TCISKEW equivalent to the TDIVW? What values should I fill for those 2 parameters?

Thanks,

Moshe

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

DDR controller requires minimum data input valid window to be equal to tCISKEWmax - tCISKEWmin, for 2100MT/S it is 160ps.

Regards,

Bulat

0 Kudos

moshemarcu
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the answer,

Does the valid window need to be centered relative to the DQS? Does the LS1046A support read leveling?

Best regards,

Moshe

0 Kudos

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the LS1046A supports read leveling. No special actions like "centering" is required, the LS1046A performs all required calibrations internally.

Regards,

Bulat

0 Kudos

moshemarcu
Contributor I

Hello Bulat,

What kind of read leveling does the LS1046A supports?

Does each DQ can be individually delayed to optimize it with respect to the DQS or

only the DQS signal can be adjusted to optimize it to all the DQ signals?

I could not find any information regarding the read leveling support in the reference manual, how do I configure the LS1046A to activate this process?

Best regards,

Moshe

0 Kudos

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Read leveling assumes that the DDR controller calibrates the time when the DQS comes from the SDRAM, and then shifts DQS to the center of the data valid window. This is done individually for each byte lane after the DDR controller is enabled with MEM_EN=1. No individual DQ delays, the user must follow DDR4 layout rules, for 2100MT/s rate DQ signals should be trace-matched within +/-5 mils to respective DQS.

Regards,

Bulat

0 Kudos

moshemarcu
Contributor I

Thanks,

Moshe

0 Kudos