Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046A: Bare-Metal header files and driver

Jump to solution
tomhohenstein
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to do some bare-metal development on a custom LS1046A board. I know from other processors that there are often header files containing at least definitions for register addresses or even complete drivers which serve as an hardware abstraction layer.

Does NXP provide any of this for the LS1046A processor to support bare-metal developement?

I've searched the LSDK, the QorIQ SDK and in CodeWarrior but did not find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are program examples in CW4NET for ARM. These examples contain .h files for eSDHC and qSPI. Use the following path:

C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\CodeWarrior_Examples

There is a few .h file in u-boot source in SDK 2.0-1703 or LSDK.

Use the following path is LSDK:

flexbuild/packages/firmware/u-boot/include

and

use the following path is SDK 2.0-1703:

QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1046ardb/tmp/work/ls1046ardb-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2016.09+fslgit-r0/git/include

Find the fsl*.h file in these folders.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are program examples in CW4NET for ARM. These examples contain .h files for eSDHC and qSPI. Use the following path:

C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\CodeWarrior_Examples

There is a few .h file in u-boot source in SDK 2.0-1703 or LSDK.

Use the following path is LSDK:

flexbuild/packages/firmware/u-boot/include

and

use the following path is SDK 2.0-1703:

QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1046ardb/tmp/work/ls1046ardb-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2016.09+fslgit-r0/git/include

Find the fsl*.h file in these folders.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
tomhohenstein
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer even though it is unfortunate that there is no complete bare metal SDK.

0 Kudos