Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046 LVPECL to LVDS for DIFF_SYSCLK

Jump to solution
nfj
Contributor III

Hey,

I unfortunately have to use a LVPECL clock generator for my application, and I'm trying to figure out how best to translate that to LVDS levels for the DIFF_SYSCLK/DIFF_SYSCLK_B inputs, which led me to some confusion.  After looking at the LS1046 datasheets, ref manual, and design checklist, as well as this post on the LS1021, I can't seem to figure out if I need to externally bias the inputs for the LS1046. The datasheet says that my CM voltage has to be between 50mV - 1570mV, but under Section 5.33, Figure 23 of the Design checklist, it shows only a two resistor network and no external bias.  

What is the correct way to design for this? 

Thanks,

-Nate J

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mrudangshelat-13
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Hi @nfj 

The datasheet says the CM voltage range has to be between 50mV - 1570mV which means clock type, LVDS(fig.20 in AN5252) or HCSL (fig.21 in AN5252) will be accepted as an input. I suggest contacting the clock generator's vendor support team for the proper translation & termination value for LVPECL to LVDS or  LVPECL to HCSL.

Regards,
Mrudang Shelat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mrudangshelat-13
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Hi @nfj 

The datasheet says the CM voltage range has to be between 50mV - 1570mV which means clock type, LVDS(fig.20 in AN5252) or HCSL (fig.21 in AN5252) will be accepted as an input. I suggest contacting the clock generator's vendor support team for the proper translation & termination value for LVPECL to LVDS or  LVPECL to HCSL.

Regards,
Mrudang Shelat
0 Kudos