Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021a-TWR reading NOR-Flash with CodeWarrior TAP

Jump to solution
janbrand
Contributor II

Hi there,

I want to dump the whole content of NOR-Flash on my LS1021a-TWR board to a binary. The debug connection with the CodeWarrior TAP is running, but when the TAP tries to read the flash ID an Error apperas (jpg added to this post).

What means the No source available for "0x00000000 (0x00000000)() " ?

Is there a mistake in my adresses or have i add any file for the twr board?

kind regards,

Jan Brand

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Settings from pic 1 looks fine. But, in Flash Programmer Task make sure you have the settings from attached file (file1). Also, dumping entire NOR will take a while.

Also, if still doesn't work for you, please share the log from Flash Programmer Console (file2).

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior initialization file for the LS1021A-TWR board configures NOR Flash using base address of 0xE8000000.

See attached file.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For LS1 boards, NOR is mapped starting with 0x60000000, since fixed memory map is used (See LS1021ARM).

Adrian

0 Kudos
janbrand
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm a bit confused, i guess...

That's what i set in debug configurations:

- in Target settings

- see pic 1 -> Target type: LS102xA_Rev1_ConfigChain.cfg

-> Initialize target script "LS1021A_TWR_Init.tcl"

-> Memory configuration file: "LS1021A_TWR.mem"

And now i've set the Target Ram Address in the ARM Flash Programmer Task to 0x80000000, the size to 0x7fffffff. The base address from the NOR-Flash i set to 0x60000000.

Running the Debug with the Flash Programmer Task seemes to works, but finishes not, like you can see in pic 2

Jan

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Settings from pic 1 looks fine. But, in Flash Programmer Task make sure you have the settings from attached file (file1). Also, dumping entire NOR will take a while.

Also, if still doesn't work for you, please share the log from Flash Programmer Console (file2).

Adrian

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you use an initialization file? Also, in flashdump_1.jpg, you set the Target RAM address to 0x00000000 and this is not correct, unless you initialize OCRAM from that address.

Init files provided with CW, initialize OCRAM from 0x10000000 and DDR from 0x80000000. So, you shroud use Target RAM address starting with these addresses (depending where do you what to have flash programmer algorithm run or what mem you initialized).

Adrian

0 Kudos