cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021A-TWR: Missing eth devices

z_v
Contributor I

Hello,

I compiled kernel 4.1.13 with ls1021a_defconfig.

The root file system is busybox 1.25.1.

For some reason, there are no eth devices. Only 'lo'

Can you explain why ?

With Yokto's kernel, it works fine.

I want to use a newer kernel from kernel.org

Thank you,

Z.V

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vered Zvi,

As I answered you previously, please use the following procedure to build Linux Kernel image manually.

I assume that you have already installed the standalone Toolchain provided in SDK 2.0 ARMv7 Image ISO in the folder /opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/.
1. Please execute the following commands to export CC and LD environment.
$source /opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-vfp-neon-fsl-linux-gnueabi
2. Go to Kernel source folder, configure Linux Kernel
$ cp arch/arm/configs/ls1021a_defconfig    .config
Configure Kernel according your requirement and save the configuration
$ make ARCH=arm menuconfig
3. Build uImage with the following command, and get uImage in the folder arch/arm/boot/.
$ make -j 4 uImage ARCH=arm LOADADDR=0x80008000
4. Build dtb file, and get the file ls1021a-twr.dtb in the folder arch/arm/boot/dts/.
$ make ARCH=arm ls1021a-twr.dtb

If your problem remains, please provide the whole UART console log.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vered Zvi,

Have your tried whether Yocto Kernel worked fine with your built rootfs filesystem?

Would you please provide you Kernel 4.1.13  boot up console log?

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos