cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021A AX88179 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

vbhat
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using a USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter with a LS1021A reference board. It is an off the shelf adapter based on the AX88179. The board is running the 3.12 kernel built from the Yocto SDK.

When testing with iperf, a few packets are exchanged over the USB adapter Ethernet interface (eth3). Then, it hangs in the middle of the test.

The interface does not respond to pings or arp requests. When I try to ping another IP from the LS1021A shell, there are no packets observed on wireshark. I checked dmesg and I don’t see any error message.

Any suggestions on how to solve this? Or how to obtain more logs to get better clarity?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vaibhav N Bhat,

Which version Linux SDK do you use? Do you use LS1021A 2.0 CPU?

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vbhat
Contributor I

Hi Sylvia,

Yes it is the LS1021A 2.0 CPU.

The SDK is 0.4 with 3.12 kernel.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vaibhav N Bhat,

Would you please download SDK 2.0 prebuilt image ISO "Image: QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0 CORTEXA7 IMAGE" from https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?agree=Accept&element=7726177, and use u-boot, uImage and dtb images from SDK 2.0 to do verification?

SDK 0.4 for LS1021 is released nearly one year ago, I checked SDK 2.0 u-boot, during this time, several software workaround patches are applied in the recent u-boot to fix Erratums of USB 3.0 controller.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!