cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012A receives files from PC by FTP protocol very slowly

flashingsky
Contributor II

Hi,

In my application,LS1012A is used as ftp client and PC as ftp server.Port 1 of Serdes is configured to SGMII interface and is connected to PHY(RTL8211DN) which worked as 100base-tx to SMII mode.

I check phy copper an mac interface are both worked in 100M FD mode and keep link up.And SGMII of LS1012A is also kept link up.

If I command LS1012A to receive a  specific file from PC by ftp protocol,I works.But the speed of ftp is very slow.The average speed is only 700-800 Bytes per second.

I check all the hardware about LS1012 serdes and phy ,but can not find any fault.PC used as FTP server is also no problem.

How should I operate to find the reason of slow ftp speed by next step?

Thanks!

Best Regards

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you use LSDK 20.12?

1. Please test iperf performance on your target board.

PC :

$ iperf -s

Target board:

$ iperf  -c 100.1.1.99 -P 10 -t 30

2. Please run tftp command under u-boot to check the performance.

For example:

=> tftp 0xa0000000 firmware_ls1046ardb_uboot_qspiboot.img

0 Kudos

flashingsky
Contributor II

Hi,Mr Wang:

Thank for your answer.

I've solved the problem but the way to do that is very strange.When I share the reference clock of the LS1012A to ethernet phy,it means that the reference clocks of serdes and phy are synchronous,then the speed of FTP is very fast,about 3Mbyte/s.

But I check the datasheet of LS1012A,no suck requirement be issued.It that really a requirement  to LS1012A?

In another application of mine,LS1046A is connected to the same phy,and both reference clock are not synchronous,but the FTP speed is as fast as 3Mbyte/s.

0 Kudos