cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012A XOSC Transconductance

rahulsoni
Contributor II

Hello NXP Team,

For LS1012A, I'm going to use an external crystal in my design. 

I don't think we need take care of oscillator transconductance if we are going to use an external crystal. We need to take care of this thing only when we are using an external crystal oscillator. 

Do we need to give any hardware pull up/down for cfg_eng_use2 and cfg_eng_use pins if we are using external crystal?

Please confirm.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

QorIQ LS1012A Reference Manual, Rev. 0, 01/2017 says directly “For external clock oscillator mode, these pins may be left connected to their default values (0'b11).” For pull-up requirement the LS1012A data sheet says “This pin is a reset configuration pin. It has a weak (~20 k) internal pull-up P-FET that is enabled only when the processor is in its reset state. This pull-up is designed such that it can be overpowered by an external 4.7 k resistor. However, if the signal is intended to be high after reset, and if there is any device on the net that might pull down the value of the net at reset, a pull-up or active driver is needed”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos