Is there anyone who successfully runs the BSP for LS1028ARDB in any way (SD/MMC/others)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyone who successfully runs the BSP for LS1028ARDB in any way (SD/MMC/others)?

yaolei_kang
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I had some trouble in deploying LS1028A BSP images using SD when following the steps in 'Layerscape LS1028A BSP User Guide (Supports BSP v0.3)'. I am afraid that there is something wrong with steps in the guide. I tried my best to figure out a right way. I had the same approach with the solution in Errors in Quick Start section of LS1028A BSP User Guide 0.3 by myself. But there is still the error of 'mmcblk0: error -84 transferring data, sector 2277376, nr 8, cmd response 0x900, card status 0xc00'. And the Ubuntu would go into emergency mode. No writing operation is permitted.

I checked almost all the posts on LS1028ARDB. I found that many guys had the same problem. I tried almost all the solutions provided in the posts. But no one works. I still get the error. So, is there an available solution for the deploying of the BSP? Or it is just an unfinished job? It took me almost one week. To be honest, I am disappointed with the guide and the support from NXP official.

Is there anyone who solved the error of 'mmcblk0: error -84 transferring data, sector 2277376, nr 8, cmd response 0x900, card status 0xc00' and run Ubuntu in a normal way?

And in some posts, seems like someone is successfully working with LS1028ARDB? Are you working in OpenIL? Does the 'Open Industrial Linux User Guide' work for LS1028ARDB?

Hope for your help. Thanks very much.

Tags (1)
4 Replies

yaolei_kang
Contributor II

Hi Jeremy and all,

Use a different SD card rather than the card shipped in the package. The shipped SD card will always has the error of 'mmcblk0: error -84 transferring data, sector 2277376, nr 8, cmd response 0x900, card status 0xc00'.

I try 2 other SD cards, both work. I am not sure if it is about size or model.

And I can't help complaining again to the guys who work for LS1028ARDB, could you please test your solution before selling it? We could deal with the user guide with errors, but how can we imagine every SD card come with the product is incompatible with it! I waste at least 3 days on it.Very bad impression on NXP now. :smileysad:

939449071.jpg

jeremy_impson
Contributor III

Can confirm. I used a SANDISK brand Class C10 micro SD card in a standard sized SD carrier, and it is working as well. Full Ubuntu userland, no I/O errors following read of every file on the image (find / -type f -exec cat {} \; > /dev/null).

I'd like to reiterate what Yaolei said. It's unacceptable that NXP shipped demonstrably incompatible media with their product. It's crystal clear that NXP's QA process broke down and that no final testing was performed against the documentation. This is my first experience with NXP as well, and it is not a positive one.

0 Kudos

yaolei_kang
Contributor II

Hi Jeremy,

I have the same 2 SD cards with yours, which are shipped along with the 2 boards.

(I hope) It should not be a hardware problem unless it refers to designing of the IC or RD board. If it is, then we could hardly solve it.

With your guess above, I will still try other SD card first today.

Or maybe we should try to deploy BSP into other media like MMC on board. Because it will use different firmware.

If it still does not work, I will try to build the kernal, firmware or others with the patch mentioned in https://community.nxp.com/message/1163286?commentID=1163286#comment-1163286.

0 Kudos

jeremy_impson
Contributor III

Hello Yaolei. I'm having the same errors that you have. I've got a post here with no resolution as of this writing.

I was hoping they were caused by two bad SD cards, but the fact you are having these errors too suggests otherwise.. But maybe it's an incompatibility. I'm using the cards that came with the devices, which for me are Kingston 16 GB "Canvas Select" with a number 97269-E04.A00LF written on the back. What cards are you using?

0 Kudos