Is there any way to boot LS2085AQDS board from UART console instead for SD card or tftp option?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to boot LS2085AQDS board from UART console instead for SD card or tftp option?

pratikbhatt
Contributor II

Hi,

There is a pin multiplexing for SD card pin and I2C 2 pins in LS2085A processor, I wanted to use that pins as I2C function so SD card interface will not work.

So i want to know that is there any method to boot from out console, So i can transfer images to RAM location using UART and then boot from that RAM locations.

Is there any utility for this so i can download and use that ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

U-boot supports file transferring using UART. Usually Ethernet TFTP protocol is used for image transferring for RAM location. Performance of the Ethernet is high in comparison to UART.

The LS2085A supports booting from NOR Flash and NAND Flash.

If SD card pins are use as I2C pins, use booting from the NOR Flash or NAND Flash.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pratikbhatt
Contributor II

Yes Pavel U-boot is supporting file transferring from UART using 'loady' command. I found that solution and also tried, it is woking fine.

Thank you for answer :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos