cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run ipfwd_app in background

michaelchen_nsb
Contributor II

hi

I failed to run ipfwd_app on LS1043ARDB, could anyone help me?

Here are my steps

1. boot kernel with USDPAA device tree configuration

2. fmc -c usdpaa_config_ls1043.xml -p usdpaa_policy_hash_ipv4.xml -a

3. ipfwd_app 1..3 -c usdpaa_config_ls1043.xml -p usdpaa_policy_hash_ipv4.xml&

4. ipfwd_config -P #PID -E -a true  --> after this, there is no responce in the shell and seems stucked

I found that after step3, the ipfwd_app is stopped

[1]+ Stopped(SIGTTOU) ipfwd_app 1..3 -c usdpaa_config_ls1043.xml -p usdpaa_policy_hash_ipv4.xml

So, I think it is that ipfwd_app is done which causes no response for ipfwd_config

After that, I try to use 'nohup' to run ipfwd_app, still failed, the log shows that apfwd_app is always killed, why was that?

Thread uid:smileylaugh: killed (cpu 1)

I'm using mini-usb to connect the console, so it is not possible to run two shells.

In USDPAA application, the kernel can't see the MAC, so I think ssh is not possible either

Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michael Chen,

You need to use ssh to open another terminal to run ipfwd_config. If you don't have a PCIe Ethernet card, you could modify the dts file to assign one Ethernet port to Linux rather than USDPAA. In the device node "fsl,dpaa" definition in dts file arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1043a-rdb-usdpaa.dts, please delete one Ethernet port definition to make it assigned to Linux Kernel.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

michaelchen_nsb
Contributor II

hi Yiping, 

Finally, I succeed to modify dts file and can use SSH now, but there is a new issue.

I can't add route, here is the error log

root@ls1043ardb:~# ipfwd_config -P 1961 -B -s 192.168.27.2 -d 192.168.28.2 -g 192.168.28.2 
ERR:Route Entry Operation failed as mandatory parameters missing; --f or -f

And after I add "--f" to the command, there is another error

root@ls1043ardb:~# ipfwd_config -P 1961 -B -s 192.168.27.2 -d 192.168.28.2 -g 192.168.28.2 --f 0
-B: --f: (PROGRAM ERROR) Option should have been recognized!?
Try `-B --help' or `-B --usage' for more information.

What should do?

0 Kudos