cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get lsdk ubuntu:main on ls1046afrwy

Jump to solution
mikey-muller17
Contributor I

Goal: Get the linux kernel built with a few custom selections from menuconfig, and have an ubuntu:main userland, with the LSDK

downloaded flexbuild_lsdk2108.tgz from https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=12915627
The flex-builder script has a lot of defaults of yocto:tiny and even when I specify ubuntu:main it still downloads yocto:tiny in the mkboot command.

I've tried running the following steps from the 2108 LSDK user guide:
1 flex-builder -c linux:linux:LSDK-21.08 -a arm64
2 flex-builder -c linux:custom -a arm64 (change Default CPUFreq governor to userspace)
3 flex-builder -c linux -a arm64
4 flex-builder -i mkrfs
5 flex-builder -i mkitb -r ubuntu:main -a arm64
6 flex-builder -c apps -r ubuntu:main
7 flex-builder -i packapps -r ubuntu:main
8 flex-builder -i mkboot -a arm64 -m ls1046afrwy -r ubuntu:main
9 flex-builder -i mkfw -m ls1046afrwy -b sd
10 flex-installer -b boot_LS_arm64_lts_5.10.tgz -r rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz -f firmware_ls1046afrwy_sdboot.img -d /dev/sdb

The commands all succeed and get transferred to the sd card but but in U-Boot linux either doesn't boot or it doesn't have the specified cpu frequency governor as userspace by default.

does anyone have any clues on what I'm doing wrong or what I can fix?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikey-muller17
Contributor I

after viewing the boot sequence i saw "mmc0 is current device ** unrecognized filesystem type **". after doing some googling I found this answer 

which was to run "flex-installer -i pf -d <device>", afterwards I ran my steps. This solved the LS1046AFRWY not booting into the ubuntu userspace.
As for the yocto portion of my question i found this line in the documentation that I had overlooked: 
if a valid <platform>_boot.scr is found, U-Boot will boot the external distro (Ubuntu as default) deployed on SD/USB/SATA media storage, otherwise U-Boot will fall back to boot the TinyDistro deployed on flash media onboard.
Since the partition didn't have a file system U-Boot was never able to find that script and therefore failed back.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mikey-muller17
Contributor I

after viewing the boot sequence i saw "mmc0 is current device ** unrecognized filesystem type **". after doing some googling I found this answer 

which was to run "flex-installer -i pf -d <device>", afterwards I ran my steps. This solved the LS1046AFRWY not booting into the ubuntu userspace.
As for the yocto portion of my question i found this line in the documentation that I had overlooked: 
if a valid <platform>_boot.scr is found, U-Boot will boot the external distro (Ubuntu as default) deployed on SD/USB/SATA media storage, otherwise U-Boot will fall back to boot the TinyDistro deployed on flash media onboard.
Since the partition didn't have a file system U-Boot was never able to find that script and therefore failed back.
0 Kudos