Flexbuild download location

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexbuild download location

Wayne
Contributor II

I am trying to build for a grapeboard with LS1012. It says to download flexbuild.

The only flexbuild I can find is FLEXBUILD-LS1012AFRWY.tgz but this is not a valid archive.

tar -xvzf FLEXBUILD-LS1012AFRWY.tgz    fails with not a valid tar archive.

This document says to login and download flexbuild_<version>.tgz.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/LSDK-KC-REV18.06.pdf

Where can this flexbuild file be found? As well as older versions such as 1712?

Wayne

Labels (1)
6 Replies

jordanrh
Contributor II

I also have this question. Where can I download version 17.12?

The distribution model for LSDK is not good. How are board vendors supposed to keep their forks up to date? By releasing a binary drop you force board vendors to maintain patches that apply to a specific version of the LSDK. Then, users have to obtain both the LSDK and the patch and combine them. It would be better if you published LSDK as a git repository, which would allow board vendors to fork it, and keep their patches up to date by taking merges from upstream. You could then accept support for other boards into the main LSDK repository, reducing maintenance burden on everyone.

vijay1
Contributor II

+1. I agree.

There is a bigger issue here. The latest flex-builder is not even usable. And I am unable to find any reference to an older version that I can download.

See https://community.nxp.com/message/1030396 for another perspective of the same issue.

Wayne
Contributor II
0 Kudos

vijay1
Contributor II

Hello Wayne,

It looks like flexbuilder is a component that you can download from LSDK Open Source. More specifically you get it by following the link to flexbuilder either on the home page of components or from  LSDK Open Source Components Page. When you click on that link from either place, it will take you to back to NXP and make you agree to the license. After which point you will be granted license to download the flexbuilder archive.

I just finished following what I wrote above and I can see the tar archive has content, unlike the other link you mentioned which also led me to an empty file.

Hope this helps. All the best!

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vijay Aswadhati,

You could download LSDK 1809 from Layerscape SDK|NXP , please refer to the section "4.1.1Download and assemble LSDK images"

Login to Linux host machine and download the flexbuild source tarball.

Login to www.nxp.com to download flexbuild source tarball in the name format flexbuild_<version>.tgz

$ tar xvzf flexbuild_<version>.tgz

$ cd flexbuild

$ source setup.env

$ flex-builder docker (optional, only in case local host machine is not Ubuntu 18.04 system, to build LSDK in docker container)

$ source setup.env (execute only when using Docker, run this command after entering the docker container)

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vijay1
Contributor II

Hello Yiping,

Thanks. Version 1809 is broken. I can't even go beyond the basic steps as all references are pointing to your internal git repositories. Please see https://community.nxp.com/message/1030396 

Please provide a link to a version of the LSDK that works.

Thanks and regards,

0 Kudos