FRWY-LS1012A-PB PORST Led stays on after QSPI Flash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRWY-LS1012A-PB PORST Led stays on after QSPI Flash

keomell
Contributor II

Hello I followed the instructions on the Layerscape user guide on flashing the QSPI and after reboot my device has stopped responding to serial and the PORST led stays on. I have attached the instructions that I followed. I have no idea what could have when wrong. I have three of them and I was able to flash the QSPI the same way with the other two. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For the problem board please provide a textual log of the QSPI flashing captured from the console.

Use a digital scope and refer to the board schematics to determine which signal causes DUT_PORST_B assertion.

0 Kudos

keomell
Contributor II

I do not have the thermal output but I can tell you everything went according to the layerscape SDK, just when I entered the command "reset" and the board reset with the red led (D3) on. When I clicked the restart switch the green (D1) led is blinking slowly. Will do some debugging with a scope, but the voltage meter does confirm there is a voltage coming out of 1Y of U19.

0 Kudos

keomell
Contributor II

Update, I have been trying to determine which signal is producing and I still can't determine the cause. Has anyone come across this before?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you stopped the Storage Service as described in the Layerscape LS1012A Freeway (FRWY-LS1012A) Board Getting Started Guide, 3.2 Booting FRWY-LS1012A?

0 Kudos

keomell
Contributor II

I had no need to. I am using Ubuntu 20.04.2. The device comes up as a bootloader device now and the red led stays on. 

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try to update the CMSIS-DAP firmware referring the application note and using binary image from attachment.

0 Kudos

keomell
Contributor II

Updating the CMSIS-DAP firmware fixed the blinking green LED, but the red LED is still solid. It seems to be weak when there is just power and when I press the reset switch, it brightens up. I have attached images.

0 Kudos