cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-LS1012 - how to update rfs?

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a FRDM-LS1012 board and only want to update a few files in the rfs and save changes to QSPI without building yocto.

I need to add ifconfig, start the sshd and update the moduli file, so nothing groundbreaking, is there a way to do it as the board is shipped? Or do I need to build yocto rfs? Or download prebuilt binaries and edit the rfs files there?

Regards,

Randy Krakora

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at attached file. Find the following:

Build the FIT using mkimage

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If RAM disk is used, the following command sequence is needed:

1. rename your RAM disk image to rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot
  2. sudo apt-get install u-boot-tools

Following are the steps for adding files into rootfilesystem:

1. dd if=rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot of=rootfs.ext2.gz bs=64 skip=1

1. gunzip rootfs.ext2.gz

1. mkdir /mnt/iso_1

1. sudo mount -oloop rootfs.ext2 /mnt/iso_1

1. Now, one can copy files into appropriate location under “./mnt/iso_1” directory.

1. sudo umount /mnt/iso_1

1. gzip -9 rootfs.ext2

1. mkimage -A ppc -O linux -T ramdisk -C gzip -n 'rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot' -d rootfs.ext2.gz rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks Pavel.

But it appears the kernel.itb image contains the kernel, dtb and rootfs? Can you give me some steps on how to create the kernel.itb from the rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot file you created above?

Regards,

Randy Krakora

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pavel,

Or, thinking ahead, it would be nice to be able to add these things to the yocto build, in case I need to add more packages, then I can just run bitbake and have my .itb file. :smileyhappy:

I'm somewhat familiar with yocto, building, adding layers and patches and such, but I've never done anything with yocto builds to add lines to the startup scripts via bitbake commands, do you have any docs on that for Qoriq parts?

Regards,

Randy Krakora

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think I found something that may work for me here:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/394712 

0 Kudos