Error with 'pseudo' while compiling fsl-image-full for LS1012A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with 'pseudo' while compiling fsl-image-full for LS1012A

pieterdewachter
Contributor I

I am currently trying to build the fsl-image-full from the QorIQ SDK for the LS1012A development board. This has given me a lot of problems and errors, most of them I was able to fix. I attached two files where I describe the steps I followed to compile the SDK and the different problems with fixes I used (I hope they don't cause these issues?).

Unfortunately I currently get an error that sounds like this: "no real function for mknod / mknodat" from the pseudo package. I followed the following commit to fix this error, but it causes another error to pop up.

poky-contrib - Poky Built Tool and Metadata - User Contributions Tree 

I am not sure if that fix is the problem or not, since it was made for pseudo 1.7.5 while the SDK contains version 1.7.4. However when I do apply that fix, I get the following message:

"/usr/bin/ld: /home/piete/Documents/secondtry/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1012afrdm/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/libsqlite3.a(sqlite3.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC"

I tried adding the "-fPIC" flag to some Makefile and Makefile.in files, I even used "-shared" flags and a few other things I stumbled upon. Unfortunately none of these things was succesful for me. Another weird thing is that the error complains about libsqlite3.a, which is a file that doesn't exist on the filesystem. The file that does exist in that location, is libsqlite3.so. That should be fine since that's a shared library, whilst the .a file is a static library.

Sorry for the big post and thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Section 4.4.9.5.3 of SDK 2.0-1703 documentation about "Deploying the full file system":

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pieterdewachter
Contributor I

I decided to do a fresh installation of Ubuntu, this time I opted for version 12.04 LTS instead of 17.10.

I can confirm this has fixed all issues, so even the fixes I previously made were not needed.

I do have another question however, now that I have the fsl-image-full and fsl-image-kernelitb successfully compiled for the LS1012A (FRDM board), what would be the best way to deploy this to a USB drive?

The drive is already successfully recognized in the bootloader as storage device (ext2 formatted), but the board keeps crashing when I try to boot from it (usbboot 0 0). The output looks like this:

Loading from usb device 0, partition 1: Name: usbda1 Type: U-Boot
   BUG: failure at ../drivers/usb/host/xhci-mem.c:37/xhci_flush_cache()!
   BUG!
   ### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos